Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re either too far west for the late developers or too far east or south for the huggers...or too far north for mid ATL Miller A’s. I’m beginning to despise this area for KUs. Need to move NE.

That is exactly what I have experienced since moving here....My next move needs to be close by, but might have to move north west of here, at least they get more snow on average, might not be the "big" ones though

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I may have an opportunity in two years to relocate to our sister company in Framingham MA. We’ll see. As a weenie, the Orh area would be ideal. Until then, I have to scratch and scrape for every shortwave to deliver THE one. 

Be careful, MPM moved to Worcester and jinxed their mojo!

36 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Euro and GFS agree on a strong coastal storm for the 30th with a nice pna ridge.

One problem

No cold air so it's a rainstorm

Unbelievable 

The cold is there...it just comes AFTER any storm. Basically if anyone hasn’t lived thru the 80s as a weenie, sniff the last two months of weather maps and you’ll get your fix...of downers.

8 minutes ago, 512high said:

Agreed how the hell this went down the toilet in less than 24hrs. ,.....

3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

You reported a few other minor accumulations during the month generally 1" and under  but yeah what a disaster.  

All you can really do is drink IPA’s and try and get thru it 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So Jan will end with one snowfall of3-6” in SNE. That’s as bad it could ever get. 

Almost a mirror image of 2012...we had One 6-7" snowfall in Jan that year, and that was the end of it for the rest of the winter.  It could go that route this year as well.  We had about 4" in town on Saturday, and 2012's January storm was almost twice that amount lol...so this is going worse than 2012 currently.  What a Sh*t show.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well he's in NYC. The EPS definitely gives SNE a chance but take it fwiw this far out. 

Oh God Ya...it's a pipe dream for sure.  This winter sucks you in with a decent look...then pulls the rug out from under you, and then wraps you up in it and throws you in the dumpster as it starts to close in on go time.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All you can really do is drink IPA’s and try and get thru it 

I know this is OT, but I think my cholesterol (LDL) has shot up over the last 1.5yrs due to IPA and the corn syrup in some of them. I've kept track of my chol every year for last 15yrs and it's been pretty stable, although a couple bumps here and there, but this past Oct my LDL went way up. Diet hasn't changed a whole lot, but I have been drinking more craft beers. But, I don't drink them every night of course, usually weekends here and there and at parties. I can put down 5-6 usually. That's a lot of carbs and sugar. Anyways, just curious. Back to the weather.....

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There's the AK cold dump. She's not gonna let us out. 

Yeah the eps is weakening it but not really punting it out yet. Still consistent with a cold dump around the 5th. 

For down here it’s a shame we have such a putrid airmass. The pacific has improved which is allowing for a better storm track. 

6 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yeah the eps is weakening it but not really punting it out yet. Still consistent with a cold dump around the 5th. 

For down here it’s a shame we have such a putrid airmass. The pacific has improved which is allowing for a better storm track. 

That would be serviceable down there at the end. There is a window near and after that time where we could go on a run. Not sure how long, but I’ve heard that talk. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That would be serviceable down there at the end. There is a window near and after that time where we could go on a run. Not sure how long, but I’ve heard that talk. 

Yep, hearing the same whispers. The strat guys think the pv starts to weaken in the middle of the month. I don’t think the mjo will be a big player going forward. I just really want to see that vortex get punted. I think that’s why the weeklies looked good after the 5th. It has the pv  more elongated to provide us will cold air and a pac ridge. It’s basically the look at the end of the eps rolled forward. 

For nne/sne the airmass is definitely serviceable next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

It's even limited for SNE but we are talking 9 days out. 

Not sure what you mean by "limited" but there's enough cold in SNE on the mean. 

Its a weakish signal and 9 day out so yeah, I wouldn't get hopes up. 

IMG_4386.PNG

• Like 1