Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, WinterWolf said:

lol...The Rat is creeping in.  And now we’re at the second week of Feb before this even looks to change ....holy smokes.  Completely reminds me of 11-12 with the continued pushing out of the better pattern, and then it goes to crap anyway and never makes it.  

Enjoy what you got, down here in S. CT, we are ending well below or at average at best.

At least you got a major snowstorm in early Dec, near 10". 9.7 exactly. That's about my seasonal total.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

49.05” since late November.    I average around 70-75” here.  Depth has been pretty low but I have had some snow on the ground pretty much every day since Dec 1 other than a few days last week. Even then there were still piles and stuff.   

You and Chris have done well out in western MA as well as Pete in the Berks, Your seasonal avg is the same as mine but we got off to a slow start with a below avg Nov and avg Dec, Pack retention has not been there either until the last few weeks, Were still behind in that aspect and behind in Jan too, But look to be gaining some ground but its a slow go and i think we may finish close to avg unless Feb is a monster.

We have done pretty well in SNH. I don’t keep a seasonal total but I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 35’’. If anything the pack has been the worst part. Wish we’d either keep a powdery pack or absolutely nothing. The consistent small, crusty, icy pack is crap. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

E403C7A5-A253-4E8C-9882-DDE92BFF638D.png

lol, please tell me NWS has a color coded warning for this. "The National Weather Service in Miami has issued an Iguana Warning for South Florida..." Or the P/C: "Tonight, clear and cold. Low 35-40, with a 40% chance of falling iguanas. Road conditions may become treacherous."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Actually quite well with the exception of the burp 2 weeks ago.

Wut?  Long range modeling showing pattern changes to a wintrier pattern have fallen flat every time they've shown up. It's the winter of modeling showing a pattern change perpetually in the 10-14 day range.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Wut?  Long range modeling showing pattern changes to a wintrier pattern have fallen flat every time they've shown up. It's the winter of modeling showing a pattern change perpetually in the 10-14 day range.

The long range this winter has been horrible.  Eps has shown good patterns numerous times and failed.

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

This is how you know the winter has sucked.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_43.png

Near Ground Hog Day if there is one ounce of truth to the myth it does have a psychological effect on the psyche of people and for most people who have an utter dislike for the cold this is the one day you do not want it to be sunny on the 2nd.  Especially in such a bad pattern for all sides because of it being to warm and wet for cold air snow lovers and too wet for warm air and lovely Spring type conditions that support growth and lots of vitamin D (those who despise cold and snow which is the majority); no party has been happy this winter.  But if this trend continues winter lovers will take another blow for the winter psychologically, while the other side gets a nice dopamine hit looking forward for warmer days.  The suggestion on the GFS of a system has been consistent for this time period.