Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

6z GEFS are a bit more favorable towards NNE than the EPS.  

Its still way out in la la land though for the next 2-3 days. 

5AEBA800-2440-4A4D-8E42-673561FDA94E.thumb.png.07405e409beb8ab9815ac682c04b8464.png

Not buying that, We will know more at 12z tomorrow where this is heading, A soon as that data out west is better sampled, You will see some model differences come into better focus going forward.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The looks you get from people will be awesome

Back in the 90s or early 2000s I was down in south Florida in early January and a cold front had come through.  Temps were in the 50s or 60s but I still wore my shorts.  I remember seeing guys with heavy jackets, hats and gloves.  Then there was me in shorts & a t-shirt.  I was going to go for a swim at the beach (the water temp was still in the 70s) but honestly, with the wind blowing as stiff as it was and Dp's in the 30s it actually too chilly so I bailed on that plan.  Just walking around and looking at how people were dressed was enough for me.

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its not much of a surprise to see most of January punted.

If we are still punting in mid February, then I'd worry.

Losing Dec and now most of Jan doesn't bode well in the law of avgs for a normal winter, We will need a heavy back loaded one to achieve it.

https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020/01/22/north-america-on-the-long-term-22nd-jan-2/

The latest blog update for long term snowfall prospects for North America from my perspective.

1. PNW/BC/Northern Rockies to remain good for the next fortnight, reducing in the second week of Feb.
  2. California/the SW/Southern Rockies to improve for the latter half of February (maybe a bit earlier)
  3. Eastern US expected to improve for the last 15-20 days of February (2nd-3rd weeks of Feb, possibly into the 4th week) IMO.
  4. These impacts may be reduced/weakened by Arctic influence, etc.
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, dryslot said:

Yes, You did, Where are you now on seasonal totals?

49.05” since late November.    I average around 70-75” here.  Depth has been pretty low but I have had some snow on the ground pretty much every day since Dec 1 other than a few days last week. Even then there were still piles and stuff.