• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

My goose isn’t cooked wrt this event yet... But, Wifey sent me to the store, preheated the oven and invited the in-laws over....

In all seriousness my early, early gut call would be this one isn’t for me. Lots to overcome. Not enough latitude, horrible antecedent airmass, valley location. Everything has to go right for this to be siggy down here. Man I’d love to be at Ray’s spot for this...

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

So glad you asked.  Further west with the coastal. Goes from over nyc ene to east gulf of Maine.  Suggests a track bodily over coastal sne.  High position looks worse as by Sunday it is ene of Maine.  Not good for sne  borderline cne, good nne.  

He was being sarcastic.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z EPS is also coming in a touch colder than 00z but still pretty similar overall. 

IMG_4374.PNG

IMG_4375.PNG

IMG_4376.PNG

I'm starting to like this idea more and more and I think we'll continue hedging in that direction. Despite the marginal air mass ahead of this system the lower and mid levels actually start cooling ahead of it. 

I think my biggest concern with this system is going to be with occlusion and whether that happens too early which could lower the ceiling a bit regarding potential snow totals. But I'm not sold on flooding in much warmer air...even into CT with this system. I think this partly has to do with occlusion but after an initial surge of WAA we actually bring in CAA from the SW which I think can be contributed to occlusion...or singling it