Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was doing my first go round in W MA back then and I don't remember that storm being very impressive but I was in Amherst so maybe it was shadow central?

It was a horror show in the valley. Go east 20 miles into ORH hills or west 20 miles onto east slopes of Berks and it was anarchy. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was a horror show in the valley. Go east 20 miles into ORH hills or west 20 miles onto east slopes of Berks and it was anarchy. 

40” in Princeton for that, right?

I was in Lowell, and we got about 12 Milwaukee Best Light cans worth of snow. That’s about all I remember 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

3" is allot of rain, waht did 92 do? 5"

Some areas did 7"+. But I think in central MA we did around 3-4" qpf. 

You really need a stall for things like that to happen. This one looks a little more progressive (which is saying a lot because this one is slow) but there's obviously plenty of time for it to change. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Some areas did 7"+. But I think in central MA we did around 3-4" qpf. 

You really need a stall for things like that to happen. This one looks a little more progressive (which is saying a lot because this one is slow) but there's obviously plenty of time for it to change. 

wow, let me research this a bit more.  

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Better looking for everyone. I cant see how this doesnt produce for everyone given the h5 look.

Maybe I have my weenie glasses on too tight

Well if you mean produce big precip then you're probably right. It's just probably rain there and not snow. It's precarious enough even in interior SNE. 

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i read it like a plea. As in, "JB, don't cancel winter!" LOL

I also can't stand when people use "to" for "too"

2?

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

He left...may have been banned about 10-12 years ago.  Formed his own bb.  There was some dialogue that got ugly which precipitated everything.   I miss the guy.

Pete is alive and pretty well, Coming off torn bicep surgery.

• Like 1

Just now, CTValleySnowMan said:

Talk of 92 has me treading carefully here. Trying not to revive the painful memories.   

This is a classic downslope look for the valley so I'd keep the skeptical glasses on for now...but things can change. Even a little bit of a difference in the flow or some PVA can spark midlevel stuff that could produce....but for now, I'd stay skeptical. I'm even staying skeptical in interior MA on east side of hills....I think I'd feel pretty good right now if I was in New Ipswich NH or something. 

But there's still quite a long ways to go that even they could get skunked. This thing could morph into some grotesque piece of garbage that tries to track into Poughkeepsie or something. 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Your posts give me second thoughts.     Even inland?

I would feel better where you are, Inland areas well away from the coast would be ok, I just don't like the lat where H5 wants to track, Then the slide ENE at the surface, I've seen this movie before.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ok,  so my not being impressed in Amherst means it must’ve been a valley fail. 

I got 6 inches of mashed potatoes and slush in the Sixteen Acres section of Springfield at that time living at about 220 feet elevation.   Looking up in the sky I could see it dumping 500 feet higher and on the horizon on hilltops just east and west of the valley the whole storm where it was 2-4 feet.  

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is a classic downslope look for the valley so I'd keep the skeptical glasses on for now...but things can change. Even a little bit of a difference in the flow or some PVA can spark midlevel stuff that could produce....but for now, I'd stay skeptical. I'm even staying skeptical in interior MA on east side of hills....I think I'd feel pretty good right now if I was in New Ipswich NH or something. 

But there's still quite a long ways to go that even they could get skunked. This thing could morph into some grotesque piece of garbage that tries to track into Poughkeepsie or something. 

Not with that block. No chance of a cut 

9 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I got 6 inches of mashed potatoes and slush in the Sixteen Acres section of Springfield at that time living at about 220 feet elevation.   Looking up in the sky I could see it dumping 500 feet higher and on the horizon on hilltops just east and west of the valley the whole storm where it was 2-4 feet.  

I don't think anyone had it worse than I did.  I was living in Somers at the time and where I was I had about 3" of snow but within a mile or two from my house there (by JMH) there was well over a foot.

8 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I don't think anyone had it worse than I did.  I was living in Somers at the time and where I was I had about 3" of snow but within a mile or two from my house there (by JMH) there was well over a foot.

6 may be generous but more than 3" I believe.  I was younger and not perfectly detailed with the measurements.  Regardless, it was tough to watch.  Especially looking straight up and watching it pounding above you for hours.