Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

One thing that keeps many of us in MA is retirement. No state taxes in SS or public pensions.   That’s huge for some of us.  Also, for a valuation well north of 1m, I’m paying under 10k property taxes.   So I’m not sure how we got to be “taxachusetts” but It’s a good place to retire to in certain situations.

Hopefully this system works out for us....if not..oh well.

How many kids can afford 800 k, like California the gap will widen to the point of collapse.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

One thing that keeps many of us in MA is retirement. No state taxes in SS or public pensions.   That’s huge for some of us.  Also, for a valuation well north of 1m, I’m paying under 10k property taxes.   So I’m not sure how we got to be “taxachusetts” but It’s a good place to retire to in certain situations.

Hopefully this system works out for us....if not..oh well.

And no taxes, affordability, and wam climate in FL keeps many moving out.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

A decidedly negative step on 12z guidance. We’ll see what the euro does.

Hopefully this threat shits or gets off the pot early this week so we don’t spend a week trCking an event that will ultimately be a letdown 

We’ve only just begun. They’ll be a lot of changes I think over the next few days. Perhaps changes is a bit too aggressive wording....more like enough changes in a marginal setup to see a variety of solutions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

A decidedly negative step on 12z guidance. We’ll see what the euro does.

Hopefully this threat shits or gets off the pot early this week so we don’t spend a week trCking an event that will ultimately be a letdown 

All this attention to op runs. Wait for Ensemble before you write this off 120 hours out

• Like 2

GFS was excellent for a good chunk of SNE imho. Maybe southeast zones and right on the coast have issues but it was plenty cold for snow for many. 

GGEM is burying the ULL way south first. That is no good. If models trend toward that then we're pretty much cooked. It will be a 36F Rainer. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How many kids can afford 800 k, like California the gap will widen to the point of collapse.

In Boston...plenty of neighborhoods.  My neighbors are all doctors..some youngish, others older. The big problem is if you want to live in this town and raise a family....it’s tough to buy anything not tiny.  You’d be amazed at how much people are making right out of school in Boston.   The guy that services my heat/ac twice a year is making close to 100k.   The labor market is tight.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS was excellent for a good chunk of SNE imho. Maybe southeast zones and right on the coast have issues but it was plenty cold for snow for many. 

GGEM is burying the ULL way south first. That is no good. If models trend toward that then we're pretty much cooked. It will be a 36F Rainer. 

Valley looks like crap on the GFS. shadowed?

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

In Boston...plenty of neighborhoods.  My neighbors are all doctors..some youngish, others older. The big problem is if you want to live in this town and raise a family....it’s tough to buy anything not tiny.  You’d be amazed at how much people are making right out of school in Boston.   The guy that services my heat/ac twice a year is making close to 100k.   The labor market is tight.  

100K gets you a 4 bedroom with 5 acres here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It is still pretty far out dissecting some of these details...many of the details being discussed are going to change several times over the next few days. Biggest focus on this point should be with details surrounding the ridge as it builds into the west and how much amplification occurs with the downstream trough. As it stand right now given the time frame we're dealing with...there are many signals which point in the favorable as opposed to unfavorable direction. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Still 500mi goal posts, no model is going to move me until mid-week. 

Yea. I’m catching up and see a lot of agony over d6 op runs. I’ll lay in ‘the bush’ until Wed/Thur maybe...when it warrants the micro analysis. Just good to hang something, a biggie potential, to track. Half the fun.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Bobby had it raining for all except NNE