• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Strong banding developing over Cape Cod Bay and east of the Cape Cod National Seashore.  Infrared imagery shows developing vertical growth in the clouds as the cloud tops continue to cool.  Instability is quite high now over 18C delta Ts present with a NNW wind currently.  Bands developing all over the Cape right now, even favoring mid-Cape.  However with the arctic air mass in place, comes very dry air too.  Relative humidifies are just below 70%, which is not currently ideal.

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Strong banding developing over Cape Cod Bay and east of the Cape Cod National Seashore.  Infrared imagery shows developing vertical growth in the clouds as the cloud tops continue to cool.  Instability is quite high now over 18C delta Ts present with a NNW wind currently.  Bands developing all over the Cape right now, even favoring mid-Cape.  However with the arctic air mass in place, comes very dry air too.  Relative humidifies are just below 70%, which is not currently ideal.

A-Not a soul cares.

B- Wrong thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This could be a Dec 92

Just about my least favorite storm.  It stalled just so the radar showed virga in C VT while I sat for a couple of days watching CNN just cursing as we got flurries and the line came oh so close.  Someone stole my snow 27 years ago and I am still bitter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, klw said:

Just about my least favorite storm.  It stalled just so the radar showed virga in C VT while I sat for a couple of days watching CNN just cursing as we got flurries and the line came oh so close.  Someone stole my snow 27 years ago and I am still bitter.

My top 3. Just pounder in interior and especially elevated areas. Heavy heavy wet snow and strong damaging winds. We had 16-18” around here . ORH had 36”. Power was out for days 

For what it's worth...  am part of the NYC Forum so I won't split my allegiance.  My graphics occasionally include references to I84 which is my briefing group at home. You've got excellent forecasters up there! 

Regards to all and hopefully winter makes some sort of comeback. 

Walt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3