Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

25 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

exactly what I said last week when everyone was dancing like its 2015 and the greatest winter pattern ever

Well, they were referencing a modeled pattern that is not going to verify....having a cross polar flow linked through an enormous ridge that engulfs the majority of the EPO and PNA domains renders the NAO much less relevant.

I was surprised to see that guidance that gung-ho on the Pacific, and it makes more sense to me that the idea was abandoned.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, they were referencing a modeled pattern that is not going to verify....having a cross polar flow linked through an enormous ridge that engulfs the majority of the EPO and PNA domains renders the NAO much less relevant.

I was surprised to see that guidance that gung-ho on the Pacific, and it makes more sense to me that the idea was abandoned.

It was fragile and the NAO still looks like crap, not exactly confidence building

It's got potential still but you don't want to bury that ULL like that. Again...as Walt said...this is all about timing. You need that ULL lifting up to the northeast under us at the same time we're getting the good confluence. If you mistime them, then it's a boring solution.