• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

We all know we have our favorite setups in winter depending on geography. SWFEs suck here on the coast. Even with a good “thump”, rain often washes most if not all away. When coastals dominate we are cleaning up while CNE and especially NNE are hurting. So expectations are low here for this weekend. Congratulations NNE and even CNE. Always glad someone is getting the goods.

Basically no significant changes on the 00z runs. Interior SNE still looks good for a thump. Coast prob flips pretty quick with onshore flow. 

Pattern still looks very good beyond the weekend threat as well. 

This weekend could still trend either way. There's a good high out ahead of it so if the shortwave trends to digging for oil southeast better then I think we'd turn this into a warming event as it would spawn redevelopment sooner. If the shortwave trends to shearing negative off to our northwest more, then we just keep that primary dominant and the event is far less interesting in terms of winter wx. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Basically no significant changes on the 00z runs. Interior SNE still looks good for a thump. Coast prob flips pretty quick with onshore flow. 

Pattern still looks very good beyond the weekend threat as well. 

This weekend could still trend either way. There's a good high out ahead of it so if the shortwave trends to digging for oil southeast better then I think we'd turn this into a warming event as it would spawn redevelopment sooner. If the shortwave trends to shearing negative off to our northwest more, then we just keep that primary dominant and the event is far less interesting in terms of winter wx. 

Do you wean "warming' or "warning"?  Either way, hopefully the Maine coast will avoid much taint.

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Do you wean "warming' or "warning"?  Either way, hopefully the Maine coast will avoid much taint.

Each run goes further north which does not bode well if the trend continues to go that path.  Even in my area we are still up for a good 3-6 inches in my area but if this trend continues I will surely join Hazey in his 2-4 range getting more rain in Halifax then Snow.  But maybe if they "Stop the Widening it is a tradition - to quote an old Maine Protest in the early 2000's on US Hwy 1 ) we might start seeing a more southern track look where we all can benefit with a good thumping of at least 6+ inches to help snow mobiles.  

2 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

Each run goes further north which does not bode well if the trend continues to go that path.  Even in my area we are still up for a good 3-6 inches in my area but if this trend continues I will surely join Hazey in his 2-4 range getting more rain in Halifax then Snow.  But maybe if they "Stop the Widening it is a tradition - to quote an old Maine Protest in the early 2000's on US Hwy 1 ) we might start seeing a more southern track look where we all can benefit with a good thumping of at least 6+ inches to help snow mobiles.  

LOL--like the protest.  GYX has introduced sn/rn for Sunday.  We bide our time.

• Haha 1

Yeah... the euro especially looks like dung for this area..... next. 

i don’t think we’ve had an all snow event yet this winter.... and I’m not counting the 1” we’ve gotten here or there. I know yesterday I said any snow is good snow, but the more I think of it, hard sell on a few inches that are washed away.

Got a nice vacation planned for this summer.... I’m ready to punt this winter to the moon. It sucks