Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Next weekend’s setup sucks south of New England still, don’t worry, the NYC metro area will get their chance post 1/20, be patient 

Next weekend looks good for a 3-6 for the New York City area and more as you go north but it looks like that will change to rain and wash it away!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

Near 1 am, Boston’s 65 degree temperature set a daily record. The previous record was 61 degrees, which was set in 1913 and tied in 1975 and 2017.

Wow. 65 degrees at 1AM in Boston is what, something you’d expect in early June? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will the FV3 take the Euro to the woodshed again on the Saturday snow? Let’s hope 

Even a compromise still in favor of euro is pretty good for SNE for a front ender. Still an eternity though. Like 150 hours out. It could look totally different on guidance a couple days from now....so everyone should keep that in mind. 

But as of now, it's not a bad look for a front ender....1040 high with good antecedent airmass. Just don't keep trending that primary into Canada/Hudson Bay...euro has gotten obsessed with focusing everything on that. Eventually that would negate any of the positives. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even a compromise still in favor of euro is pretty good for SNE for a front ender. Still an eternity though. Like 150 hours out. It could look totally different on guidance a couple days from now....so everyone should keep that in mind. 

But as of now, it's not a bad look for a front ender....1040 high with good antecedent airmass. Just don't keep trending that primary into Canada/Hudson Bay...euro has gotten obsessed with focusing everything on that. Eventually that would negate any of the positives. 

Seems like the same thing it’s been doing all winter only to to then trend weaker and east as you get closer. Even yesterday’s storm. Green Bay looked to get crushed and got next to nothing as it trended southeast 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like the same thing it’s been doing all winter only to to then trend weaker and east as you get closer. Even yesterday’s storm. Green Bay looked to get crushed and got next to nothing as it trended southeast 

So Chicago got crushed yesterday?

56.7F  Cold front looks to be about 25 miles northeast of me

Just getting back on the boards since signing off early last evening.   What was Boston's low?  I have to check.  

Wow.  

I absolutely didn't think I would loose my pack.  It was a glaciated 8" pack before this torch.  2 pictures below.  230pm yesterday and just now. The strong SW wind and sun plus a high of 58 did it.   Still snow in the woods all around me but it's going fast.  Sun about to come out

230.jpg

930am.jpg

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

56.7F  Cold front looks to be about 25 miles northeast of me

Just getting back on the boards since signing off early last evening.   What was Boston's low?  I have to check.  

Wow.  

I absolutely didn't think I would loose my pack.  It was a glaciated 8" pack before this torch.  2 pictures below.  230pm yesterday and just now. The strong SW wind and sun plus a high of 58 did it.   Still snow in the woods all around me but it's going fast.  Sun about to come out

230.jpg

930am.jpg

Heartbreaking. I hate waking up to scenes like that.

I still have nightmares of the January 96 thaw (60° and rain) that erased three feet of snow from my property in a matter of days. Thankfully that year it was all refreshed within days.