Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I would have loved to have seen... I heard/read about it, but I would have been playing on that like a 10 year old if I was there...

Oh, I got booted by MIT security a few times from that pile. It really was spectacular. There was another pile on Binney St near the Kendall Square Cinema that had two mature maple trees buried up to their crowns. I have pictures somewhere. I'll have to dig them up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Oh, I got booted by MIT security a few times from that pile. It really was spectacular. There was another pile on Binney St near the Kendall Square Cinema that had two mature maple trees buried up to their crowns. I have pictures somewhere. I'll have to dig them up.

That was once in a lifetime type of winter. Spectacular for sure, but we are unlikely to witness something like it for a very long time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd be stunned if winter is over on February 25.....mid March is doable.

I will say that the RNA is going to return IMO, so they way you verify is if the Atlantic never improves.

By over I mean I think go back to zonal fast flow with a semi pig setting up late Feb and Morch. I hope I’m completely wrong , but that’s how I’ve seen it shaking out . Can still eek out snow if sets up correctly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Here is the grossest snow pile ever

April 2015

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro and GFS have it as a front ender SWFE type storm. That's prob the way we get snow out of it. 

NNE should watch 1/16 too. We're prob cooked in SNE for that one but NNE could try and snow. 

yeah. a little warm here but probably winter will evolve slowly, 15/16 NNE deal, 18/19, SNE gets 4-6" but some mixing and then we await systems post pattern change.  At least I'm still watching 15/16.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS still insists on secondary, but seems like it slowly has been shifting like a euro op milder solution last few days. Still one to watch for sure given the time, but for SNE and especially the coast...not sure I would be all in.

Given the euro has been way too amped all winter , I wouldn't give up 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just great. We can’t win . More rain 

Patience will be a virtue this week. The PNA doesn't really shift until almost as that 1/18-19 event is happening. So anything up to that point including the 1/18 threat is very susceptible to westward solutions. 

The good news for 1/18 tough is that the antecedent airmass is good and there's like a 1040 high preceding it so that is a decent setup for a good thump even on a somewhat ugly track.