Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Nice. You were near my place. Kettlehead looks like a dive, but it's not bad. Too bad I wasn't home...I would've had you stop by for a few minutes to see dendyland. You could see the chickens you're always trying to kill.

I would’ve thrown a few into the truck bed, it’s covered. They would have survived the trip 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Time to take a break from winter. Good time to get stuff done until 1/20 or so. I'll tip my cap to Kev..that date may work out despite it being a WAG. 

It does look stormy the last 10 days of the month and quite a bit more sustained colder temps. Just need to make sure we’re on the right side of gradient. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It does look stormy the last 10 days of the month and quite a bit more sustained colder temps. Just need to make sure we’re on the right side of gradient. 

The Pacific improves and some ridging into E-Ctrl Greenland may help. I suppose one of these cutters after this weekend could trend more wintry, but I think it's better to just expect a hostile look for next 10 days or so. If something breaks for the better...sweet.

8 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

With a prolonged -PNA does it not look good for cold weather for New England in the long term over the extended period of time, as that air expands winter based on Historical records? But it would keep the Mid Atlantic snow fans miserable with that suppressed ridge.

I think we'll finally get a better pattern in here after next week. I can't say for certain how good it will be, but most certainly better than what we'll have coming up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Time to take a break from winter. Good time to get stuff done until 1/20 or so. I'll tip my cap to Kev..that date may work out despite it being a WAG. 

There were a good amount of us who thought mid winter would be mild....I'm not sure it was "against the grain", so to speak...

• Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro is still trying to tuck up here before the cold fropa next Sunday. I'd prefer the full torch GFS scenario over a cold drenching.

Like you said yesterday it will all change, easily could go back to a very icy scenario.  Hold off on taking out the flip flops