• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

That's a nother thing... I wonder if we're ever gonna get one of these big rosby rollout warm ups on D10 to actually verify -

It's like the opposite of previous years with this model.  Usually, there's a D9 bomb on every run that gets so common false people stop even commenting on it. This is like a phantom early spring opposite of that -

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

EPS longer range in the pacific has improved but that se ridge is strong so no doubt we have a high cutter risk.  Atlantic blocking is what we’re begging for at this time.

If you want my opinion ...which I know you gaze out at the auburn sunsets forlorning to hear ... 

Nope -

The SE ridge isn't a SE ridge as is; it is the entire planetary tropical girdle of heights... In other words, that's just a nodule of a beast that frankly, I keep discussing but everyone's either ignoring, or don't understand, or don't take seriously... but, it's well-papered that the Hadley Cell is expanding.  Now, this does not directly impugn your assessment when you say "SE ridge" ... buuut, the problem is, the heights are not going anywhere if there is Atlantic blocking/-NAO west based or not... In fact, what results in that circumstance is hellacious Neptunian wind velocities yanking Denver's air mass and fire hosing it at France... Can't get storms in that kind of compressed flow.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

If you want my opinion ...which I know you gaze out at the auburn sunsets forlorning to hear ... 

Nope -

The SE ridge isn't a SE ridge as it is the entire planetary tropical girdle of heights... In other words, that's just a nodule of a beast that frankly, I keep discussing but everyone's either ignoring, or don't understand, or don't take seriously... but, it's well-papered that the Hadley Cell is expanding.  Now, this does not directly impugn you assessment when you say "SE ridge" ... buuut, the problem is, the heights are not going anywhere if there is Atlantic blocking/-NAO west based or not... In fact, what results in that circumstance is hellacious Neptunian wind velocities yanking Denver's air mass and fire hosing it at France... Can't get storms in that kind of compressed flow.

No I can’t entirely agree.  Draw the ridge on the pacific side and move it 500 miles further east.   The Atlantic would respond.  without that we need blocking in the Atlantic.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nope -

The SE ridge isn't a SE ridge as it is the entire planetary tropical girdle of heights... In other words, that's just a nodule of a beast that frankly, I keep discussing but everyone's either ignoring, or don't understand, or don't take seriously... but, it's well-papered that the Hadley Cell is expanding.  Now, this does not directly impugn you assessment when you say "SE ridge" ... buuut, the problem is, the heights are not going anywhere if there is Atlantic blocking/-NAO west based or not... In fact, what results in that circumstance is hellacious Neptunian wind velocities yanking Denver's air mass and fire hosing it at France... Can't get storms in that kind of compressed flow.

Been pretty stormy for this winter so far.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

No I can’t entirely agree.  Draw the ridge on the pacific side and move it 500 miles further east.   The Atlantic would respond.  without that we need blocking in the Atlantic.

I'm talking about Meteorology here...

The heights are anchored in the GW anomaly  

that's ...just ... it