Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix - Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Not as heavy as the 4's

That was my main reason for going back. The four was a lead sled in the front end. Handling was terrible and somewhat difficult in the Twisties and bumps, especially trying to keep up with my buds who have assaults. The four stroke was a great County sled though

Almost home. Will grab quick measurement before bed. Long day

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Still warm at the shore, they are getting spared any more damage for the time being. Lots of >=33F readings in interior E CT as well.

SE MA all above freezing. Toasty on the Vineyard & Nantucket.

tempsCapture.thumb.PNG.7bb2287128dd5d31c777b728472464a0.PNG

Was 34 and drizzle still in Waterford when I left at 9:20....drove home to Salem and it's 32 and FZRA here again....hoping it turns to sleet soon.

Lots of small branches down on the road and trees drooping over it.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
8 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Not as heavy as the 4's

That was my main reason for going back. The four was a lead sled in the front end. Handling was terrible and somewhat difficult in the Twisties and bumps, especially trying to keep up with my buds who have assaults. The four stroke was a great County sled though

Sure if your on flat and straight, But a handful in the twisties, And ha if you went off trail riding with one, My brother in law has a vector and he's not staying with me on the trails around here.

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He was saying he was in San Diego for some years and only averaged the years he was here. LOL Hunchie asked him about last year....

It was weird. He is usually pretty good about measuring. Nice setup in his yard etc.  He retracted and said he misread but oof.   I’ve had a bunch of years just since I joined eastern where I got under 60”

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sure if your on flat and straight, But a handful in the twisties, And ha if you went off trail riding with one, My brother in law has a vector and he's not staying with me on the trails around here.

I have a 4 stroke Jag and my wife and son both have 600 ACEs. Mine is heavy but balanced really well with the motor low in the chassis. It handles well and feels lighter than it is. I don’t do off-trail so that doesn’t factor for me. The ACEs are nice and not much heavier than 2 strokes. Great sleds for what they are. My son says he’s seen 75 on his and that’s more than enough for a 15 year old. He keeps saying he wants an Etec and I say he can have one when he can pay for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sidewinder...With the great handling pro cross chassis, that has ultimate hyper power, with a power to weight ratio that’s unrivaled and just off the charts.  With a combo like that, there’s Really no where you can’t go.  But you do want to ride it in an area where you can stretch it’s legs and use it’s massive power.  It’s a Hoot!

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Sidewinder...With the great handling pro cross chassis, that has ultimate hyper power, with a power to weight ratio that’s unrivaled and just off the charts.  With a combo like that, there’s Really no where you can’t go.  But you do want to ride it in an area where you can stretch it’s legs and use it’s massive power.  It’s a Hoot!

I'm riding older iron.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm riding older iron.

I hear ya...it’s all good.  Any sledding is great sledding. 

Yes, light snow here coating up the .75” of snow and freezing rain. Didn’t expect this little bit of snow.  Nice little surprise.  Kind of like a couple weeks ago, just a lot less; but nice nonetheless. 

57 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I have a friend who has a ‘17 Sidewinder. MotoSki orange highlights. 137” I think. 200 hp. He got it to ride in Quebec but has been riding it around here more and sort of wishes he has the 129” since our trails are tighter. Nice sled but way more than I need.