Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Minor to moderate winter event M-Tue Dec 16-17, 2019

wdrag

Temps get colder when the precip comes in
Let's not turn this into a crap show like people did the last few storms. This isn't a NYC storm. I know you love snow, I do even more. But let's be clear here, you can't wish for something to happen that just won't. Most likely all rain for NYC. Maybe some flurries first. This is going to be a serious ice event just to our north. That's the real story here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, the increase in freezing rain just north and west is very concerning.

5456C38D-CAF5-4D1D-8364-A2A61FDD8765.png.f5fcf872fce97c4874b0107b313802b5.png

I’ve witnessed some bad icing events in northern NJ over the years but I don’t think I’ve ever seen over .5 inches of ice accretion. Can only imagine the damage an inch would cause. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

That is very dangerous, usually places like White Plains don't get significant ZR but in this setup it really could happen.

22 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I’ve witnessed some bad icing events in northern NJ over the years but I don’t think I’ve ever seen over .5 inches of ice accretion. Can only imagine the damage an inch would cause. 

A few miles distance can make a big difference as to where the most significant icing sets up. A small change in temperature of a degree or two is all that it takes. Sometimes it just comes down to nowcast time. But areas that see icing will also have to cope with stronger winds on Wednesday with the sharp Arctic front. Then the very cold temperatures.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, the increase in freezing rain just north and west is very concerning.

5456C38D-CAF5-4D1D-8364-A2A61FDD8765.png.f5fcf872fce97c4874b0107b313802b5.png

It'll be close temp wise but yes the northern 1/3 of NJ into CT could deal with very messy conditions.

Hopefully things trend warmer.

Generally anyone near 30F with dews in the teens currently will have problems later today and especially tomorrow.