• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 16-17, 2019 snow-sleet glaze OBSERVATIONS ONLY

wdrag

Wantage NJ 8 s High Point.  I see High Point Monument at 1800 feet and Mount Pocono at over 2000 feet ind the mid 20s and temps have dropped at both High point NJ and our home here in Wantage since 5AM as bands of heavier freezing rain roll in,  here at the house 28.2F now. 

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Very little freezing here; we have to go out in it. Hopefully it warms up and we can move on. I'm worried if temps drop any. But they shouldn't, right?

Temps are rising on the island so I would assume you will too. 
WWAs advisory for freezing rain (warranted overnight) were just issued for the island just in time for the temp to crack freezing.

Most significant ice even in wantagh for several years with trees sagging 

36 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Downed trees and wires in PA from the heavy icing.

Plenty of icing out here.  Trees are laying on power lines in many areas due to the ice.  Strange thing in my local area the roads have not been affected.  Icing events are fairly common here in any case and this one falls within the range of other recent events.  Accretion here looks to be about 0.15”.  Temperature is at 32.  Local schools are open.  Districts in some rural areas have delayed openings or are closed.

12 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Plenty of icing out here.  Trees are laying on power lines in many areas due to the ice.  Strange thing in my local area the roads have not been affected.  Icing events are fairly common here in any case and this one falls within the range of other recent events.  Accretion here looks to be about 0.15”.  Temperature is at 32.  Local schools are open.  Districts in some rural areas have delayed openings or are closed.

All the schools around here are delayed, hills and secondary roads were a mess earlier but all seem ok now. Trees are hanging lower but thankfully a certain someone managed to bust yet again and my power lines are fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

From my experience with icing here on Long Island. The most memorable events occur with temperatures in the 20’s. We get more rainfall runoff especially with faster rates in the low 30’s.