Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Best of both worlds. 

Yeah you get a more widespread winter storm this way rather than a narrow area of advisory snows ad then nothing else.

I prefer the thumps with their rates anyway....I'm also not one of those posters who is terrified of sleet pellets. I know some on here are, but to me it just puts more meat in the pack and we have bare ground right now, so we need some bass....no treble.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you get a more widespread winter storm this way rather than a narrow area of advisory snows ad then nothing else.

I prefer the thumps with their rates anyway....I'm also not one of those posters who is terrified of sleet pellets. I know some on here are, but to me it just puts more meat in the pack and we have bare ground right now, so we need some bass....no treble.

Big fan of sleet. Fun to shovel, adds meat to the pack, and gives roads this treacherous look while still making it feel snowy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Will be some coming in to toss these runs soon if it continues.

I would certainly keep one eye on the mesos tonight and if they ramp up the speed and extent of the mid-level warming as we get closer.  Not hard to envision sleet getting to the Pike or beyond before retreating back.  Parts of CT definitely in the FZRA crosshairs.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

I am SW CT fairly close to the coast. Hoping this comes in warmer to minimize the ice.

I grew up in Easton - it really is like two different zones. Once you get north of the firehouse it is more like a Danbury forecast. Plus the elevation. I lived at the bottom of Sport Hill and we would get like an inch before changeover and my friends up the hill would get a few more.

• Like 1

Just now, cut said:

I grew up in Easton - it really is like two different zones. Once you get north of the firehouse it is more like a Danbury forecast. Plus the elevation. I lived at the bottom of Sport Hill and we would get like an inch before changeover and my friends up the hill would get a few more.

Yeah I am closer to the Fairfield border.

Hopefully that helps minimize the ice. NAM is crazy with it's output.