Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don't want to talk about tornadoes in this thread. thx

Then why lock the thread wiz started? It’s shaping up to be a significant event and not like anyone is posting in the SE forum about it. 

Not sure why that thread bothered you so much to lock it compared to some of the other garbage that gets posted...I for one was interested in posting in there. 

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

Then why lock the thread wiz started? It’s shaping up to be a significant event and not like anyone is posting in the SE forum about it. 

Not sure why that thread bothered you so much to lock it compared to some of the other garbage that gets posted...I for one was interested in posting in there. 

Banter thread my friend. And we have a complete forum for that stuff. We don't need everything in the New England forum. The occasional non-NE wx disco is fine in there. We don't need a dedicated thread to convection in the south though. :weenie:

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thump is becoming more uniform south of the pike even close to the coast.... looks like 3-5” south and 5-8” north 

That tight gradient N of pike is not real...it is an artifact of the clown map algorithm. You'll still see a general gradient from S to N.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Banter thread my friend. And we have a complete forum for that stuff. We don't need everything in the New England forum. The occasional non-NE wx disco is fine in there. We don't need a dedicated thread to convection in the south though. :weenie:

Fair enough. Guess I’ll head over to banter cus SE forum is a ghost town. 

Back on topic I’m looking forward to the snow tomorrow. Hopefully it can stick around a little longer this time. Pretty rare for me to be at around 25 inches by Dec 17 if this pans out right. 

5 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Does the icing get any further north into ORH County, South of the Pike or is it mostly snow/sleet?

I highly doubt any ZR makes into ORH county....unless it's maybe a little freezing drizzle in the dryslot after most of the heavier precip is done.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

In 3 runs the Euro went from partly sunny up here to about 0.25” QPF with this system.  Not overly impressive showing by that model so far.

The GFS seems to be the most consistent in the overall synoptic evolution, thermal profiles aside for SNE.  

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Curious to see what box does with totals and advisory/warning.

Snow totals right on the threshold.... sleet and timing a factor?

They could probably get away with a warning north of the pike....they will prob have a decent number of 6"+ totals and I think the timing helps out any tiebreakers in case it slightly underperforms in the 4-5" range....gonna be worst right during early morning commute.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

In 3 runs the Euro went from partly sunny up here to about 0.25” QPF with this system.  Not overly impressive showing by that model so far.

The GFS seems to be the most consistent in the overall synoptic evolution, thermal profiles aside for SNE.  

I said this earlier, The GFS had led the way, Most discounted it, The Euro was a southern outlier for several runs.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

I said this earlier, The GFS had led the way, Most discounted it, The Euro was a southern outlier for several runs.

a few lucid members mentioned this at other times over the last five days...   more than a half the members, didn't seem to acknowledge ;)  typical with popularity schemes and crowd mechanics -