Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I know the ICON and 3k NAM have their own as well. So I guess you can throw the herpes into that mix as well.

weather.us some rare Euro maps you won't find elsewhere. There's a significant weather map there which makes me think the euro does put something out for ptype...since the maps include t'storms and fog as well. I doubt the US vendors are getting ALL of the euro data. I mean weather.us has heat flux, moisture flux, ozone, etc.

Broken down by frzrn, sleet, snow. Seems to be pretty good

14 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm a prime candidate for this statement right now, bad icing tends to occured in this area last year on multiple storms...

Anybody remember this? Terrible situation.

12Z RGEM coming out now just able to look at the CMC-Ptype page, looks like the initial thump cut way back. Precip shield is much lighter on the front end but thats only to hr48.

01_20.19_ice_totals.thumb.jpg.af53199e5d11a4d7b487525910981e2e.jpg

Looks like a decent frontal thump

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_39.thumb.png.989877526e3a5d4876998fcffd5db9fd.png

Than that means the Euro was wrong ;)  ...if it does... and, wrong inside of day-4, too.

Don't forget that ... oh, y'all will, and recede back to NAM and GFS popularity bashing  LOL

Anyway, Lord of The Flies model evaluation kidding aside ... it is interesting if these blended NAM/GFS are closer to verifying than any Euro inside of day 4.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Than that means the Euro was wrong ;)  ...if it does... and, wrong inside of day-4, too.

Don't forget that ... oh, y'all will, and recede back to NAM and GFS popularity bashing  LOL

Nope not me...I’ve been saying for a while, the Euro is wrong alot more now inside if it’s normal wheelhouse than ever.  

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well we'll see. My gut says it may come north on the 12z run. 

Yeah I've been thinking everything will tick back north.

The explosion of CNE/NNE posts at 12z have confirmed the trend without looking at guidance. :lol:

• Haha 3

Or wouldn't it be funny if the Euro held serve... was tossed, but nailed it ... such that everything else turns out wrong.   Muah hahahaha

It'd be like, "Perfect!  my plan to yo-yo hopes and dreams only to cause people pain and anguish while only thinking they are getting to their hopes and dreams, is complete"