Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Baby Bump Thump Thread

DDweatherman

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Both NAM’s shifted the heavier precip a good bit north 

looks like the best forcing is to the nw of the city through northern md, but still clips dc.  i'd feel better in loudon/frederick for this one for the elevation as well, but still think dc/bmore should get at least a light snow out of this.

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

IAD 0z sounding had wet bulbs below freezing through the entire column except maybe right at surface. Low levels are dry. Virga fest to start. And yes, models account for that.

As that Virga band moved overhead I poked my head outside to see if anything was reaching the ground. If I squinted hard enough I could see a spurt or two but mostly nothing. Sitting at 36F

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Sometimes precip can overcome the dry air very quickly. The Jan 2010 storm is an example. It was about 15 degrees with a dewpoint of 4 and when the first echo appeared overhead we had snow flakes falling.

Yep. It is weird how that happens. And then sometimes you get flurries for 10 minutes and the sky just opens up. Hope it starts sooner than later. I am ready for my first Jebwalk of the year.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic