• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Baby Bump Thump Thread

DDweatherman

NAM is depicting a weak surface wave off the VA Capes after 50 hrs. Also ticked s with that. There us now a slight N of due E trajectory irt 10m wind vectors. One would think that feature will be a player as the event nears and could keep borderline areas frozen longer IF this feature on the 12k is real. Anyone else seeing a sleet/ice threat developing with this in those favored valley and inland areas?

namconus_mslp_wind_neus_44.png

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

NAM is depicting a weak surface wave off the VA Capes after 50 hrs. Also ticked s with that. There us now a slight N if due E trajectory irt 10m wind vectors. One would think that feature will be a player as the event nears and could keep borderline areas frozen longer. Anyone else seeing a sleet/ice threat developing with this in those favored valley and inland areas?

Definitely....I know @losetoa6 stayed around freezing most of the day yesterday.  I could see those areas and out towards Winchester struggling to get above freezing until Tuesday.  If the precip is there...could be a pretty nice event for the favored areas.  1-3 inches of snow to sleet and zr for almost all of Monday.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, this is cherry picked but check this sounding out... 

oynF76P.png

Globals have more of a warm nose between 800-750mb. This sounding is money. I'm huggin until something better pops up

Bob, your weather knowledge is quite expansive. I enjoy your daily Analysis very much

trend has been our friend the past 24 hours. Let’s see how we look in another 24.  

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

Bob, your weather knowledge is quite expansive. I enjoy your daily Analysis very much

trend has been our friend the past 24 hours. Let’s see how we look in another 24.  

Right now LWX is not very bullish at least in my zone.  Makes sense but no mention of frozen at the moment.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Euro did inch southward, but it's a touch drier on the front-end.  More in line with other guidance now.  dusting-2" of snow before mix it looks like.

Yea, trimmed qpf when it counts but still locked in for a period of snowfall. I liked the temps on the 12z mesos. Warm fronts can juice up in the short range. Still universal consensus for the biggest event of the year. Lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Just looking at the changes in the precip over Indiana on this 18z NAM run vs. 12z you have to think this is gonna be a good run for somebody.

12k looks like a pretty decent snow hit for NW va and md...not much makes it over the blue ridge.

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

12k looks like a pretty decent snow hit for NW va and md...not much makes it over the blue ridge.

Yeah those mountains are pesky... we still need to come together and get enough money to raise money to tear those down.

akpCml8.gif

But this seems like a pretty significant run-to-run change. Was hoping the amped-ness would show up on our side of the Blue Ridge.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Check the accumulated positive snow depth change.....much less impressive.

Verbatim most of the "snow" would be sleet or FZR....but IMO any form of frozen slop/mix is more interesting than just plain rain. Gotta hope we can keep "trending" colder as we get closer....

• Like 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Yeah those mountains are pesky... we still need to come together and get enough money to raise money to tear those down.

but this seems like a pretty significant run-to-run change. Was hoping the amped-ness would show up on our side of the Blue Ridge.

Double edged sword with the mountains... remove them and CAD events are gone forever. I don't want to live in that world. Lol

I'm not worried about qpf wobbles as much as not having a column that supports snow for more than 15 minutes. Nams are the same or slightly better at the surface and 850s compared to 12z. That's nice to see. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic