Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16/17 Baby Bump Thump Thread

DDweatherman

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This will be the best threat we’ve had to date

Maybe we can back into a light/modest event in under 72 hrs.....wouldn't be the first time. IIRC the "best" event of last winter for DC proper didn't look all that great right up until game time. Let's take a ride on the Baby Bump Thump Train!

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'm expecting this event to be quite depressing in my yard after 15 minutes of snow flips to 10 minutes of sleet flips to 8 hours of rain. 

todays storm was a snowstorm 7-8 days ago...the storm for monday was a snowstorm just a few days ago......it looks like its going to be that kind of  year. Wes will be fishing in early feb as soon as the sun angle flips

18 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You live a blessed life up there..best snow climo for the forum or at least close..probably deer running around..minimal traffic..rolling hills

the Parrs Ridge crew has it a little bit better than me. But, yes, it is nice in the country

wish i could say traffic was minimal -- but i guess it is when compared to city traffic. Either way, I can't complain about my choice of residence :D 

19 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You live a blessed life up there..best snow climo for the forum or at least close..probably deer running around..minimal traffic..rolling hills

The only better snow climo is probably the Catoctin Mts. (Thurmont, Sabillasville, Highfield-Cascade)  excellent fishing too.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

the Parrs Ridge crew has it a little bit better than me. But, yes, it is nice in the country

wish i could say traffic was minimal -- but i guess it is when compared to city traffic. Either way, I can't complain about my choice of residence :D 

You chose wisely.  I will move as soon as these nearly full grown people I helped create move out.  And they all want to move somewhere warm.  Not sure they are actually mine

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

The only better snow climo is probably the Catoctin Mts. (Thurmont, Sabillasville, Highfield-Cascade)  excellent fishing too.

Yes lots of choices better than mine.  Maybe somewhere close to Charles Town so I can gamble while watching the snow fall.  

Just now, BristowWx said:

You chose wisely.  I will move as soon as these nearly full grown people I helped create move out.  And they all want to move somewhere warm.  Not sure they are actually mine

hahaha thats why we moved when our kid was only an infant. got it out of the way early! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MountainGeek said:

You're always welcome up here on the mountain.  :snowing:

Thanks!  On my list.  You are near Hillsboro...hate the speed limit going through town but love the way the place looks...straight out of a currier and Ives picture.  Another charmed location...Berryville is also an Xmas town from Hallmark

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic