• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 15-17 Snow Potential

Hoosier

Extremely interesting to see what happens here tonight in NW Ohio. Findlay-Tiffin showing 3-6" with this round, while 30-40 miles to the north may see a total shutout. Absolutely razor thin margins that may effect the Toledo suburbs.

Also wanted to add will be moving the Chicago burbs here soon so will be joining the Illinois crew for the second half of winter

• Like 4

Looks like between 1-7 AM will be when portions of NW Ohio will be over ran with snow, this may be best for the band to expand a bit as the supercells occurring with the tornado outbreak to the south will not play as big of a role in robbing the moisture transport as we move towards the overnight.

To me seems pretty obvious at the moment that the narrow band of snow is being forced into that because of the moisture theft happening with the supercell development in the South

22 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

I view this snow as a appetizer before the main course in January/February. The rest of December will be like waiting for your order to arrive.

This really has the feel of last winter to me. We had an extremely cold fall, followed by a 6 week warm up. After that the full force of winter hit here and it didn't let up until mid March.

• Like 1

Well I know this event wasn't a big deal to our friends to the North but us down here in the hinterlands are enjoying it.  A lot of winters it takes us a 4 incher and 3 clippers to hit a single storm total for the I80 crew lol.  Been battling dry air again around here as the moisture slowly tries to re- build N.  Think an additional 2-3 is definitely possible.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Lol and just as I posted that I looked out the window and its ripping out of the blue.  I'll post every 5 min till we get a Bo worthy 20 lol :tomato:

I'm glad you got hit. I got 2" overnight last night and have been left high and dry today/tonight. Last minute south shift got the best of me here.

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I'm glad you got hit. I got 2" overnight last night and have been left high and dry today/tonight. Last minute south shift got the best of me here.

Didnt last long maybe got another inch but it just lit up again an hour ago.  Was hoping for a nice defo or trowal but this thing seems to be getting moisture starved this far west  Forcing is there just nothing to work with I guess.

9 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Didnt last long maybe got another inch but it just lit up again an hour ago.  Was hoping for a nice defo or trowal but this thing seems to be getting moisture starved this far west  Forcing is there just nothing to work with I guess.

I also got another 1.1" last night for a total of 3.1". Chump change.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

This storm has put IND over 10" for the season.  This is the tenth time that IND has received 10"+ snow by December 17.  The list of years:  1899, 1932, 1966, 1977, 1989, 1996, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2019

Taking away TBD 2019-20, a strong majority of those years were good around the Lwr Lakes fwiw

11 hours ago, bowtie` said:

If anyone from KIND sticks a nose in here, the maps on your brief overview of the two day snow are black X's on my desktop. Also the weather story for the day is a black X also. Just FYI.

Ok at the moment here at home. I noticed problems with the wx story last night. More than likely another problem with the servers. Hopefully it's fixed now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1