Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/11 SNE Snow Threat

The 4 Seasons

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 to 6 seems to be a pretty good estimate. Probably wont hit high end 6 but not bad for a so called fraud. The waves travelling along the front was my key to stay 3 to 6. We paste and pile it up right now.

3-6" in general across all of sne is too high of a range. .....that said, mine was too low.

Even the fraud five pan out some times....no absolutes. Nice job of illustrating why.

Turned out a solid performer for Ayer and vicinity... I route down 190 ( mid state..) typically for commute, and it was pretty uniform coverage by look alone - but obviously I did not pull over and measure along the way.. heh.  I measured 4" exactly at 6 am when I left.  Nothing falling by then.  

Must of been a healthy burst because it was still raining ...though with 'fat' drops by street lamp, as of 11 pm when it was 37 F.  Should have stuck it out ... it probably flipped like 5 minutes after I hit the sack.  I love those closer moments when it goes over.  

It's a stenciling job .. static clinger - Ansel Adams to Courier&Ives, they'd be jealous!

Bravo to anyone that stuck to their guns on this. I certainly wavered late.  I was concerned about the S/W being "lost" in the screaming flow and not having enough to induce lift back over the front, but last night's rad trends ...even by 8 pm made it clear that we were lagging anyway.  It's early in post-mortem but probably it was just those statically fast velocities in general .. .perhaps not needing the acceleration.  Or, there was also more acceleration than was readily observable in the guidance...Either way.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Spanks45 said:

snow coming down nicely now with that final band pushing through, snow growth isn't great, but areas on the deck that I cleared earlier are now covered again....maybe a quick push for 4" total here, temp down to 28.1°

I had 3.75 before this little bandy moves through so 4 is deff within reach. 

Was that C - 1" forecast I saw for all of CT ever updated?  That rivaled the worst forecasts I've ever seen.  :lol:  Ballsy speculation but stupid forecast.  Thank god that guy doesn't forecast for anything that matters.  Classic case of trying to beat science/math with emotion.  Guidance showed several tenths frozen behind the front for days.  Overall this was pretty well modeled from the mid-range.  Congrats to those who scored a bit this morning.  Here in SENY it was  generally 1 - 5" depending on elevation.  A nice little event in any month.

• Weenie 1