SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/11 SNE Snow Threat

The 4 Seasons

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hmm looks unstable

nam4km_2019121012_024_41.34--72.17.png

Looks like there is an unstable layer in there...but also looks like there is sinking motion within it. 

Here is 850 RH at 9z...all the good lift is just above this...I don't think we'll have issues generating snow but we will have problems getting it to the ground. This is why I think the radar may be a bit deceiving tomorrow...especially the higher up the beam is hitting

image.png.0dcf5c95c8dfd027b539dfd9bf6ca9a3.png 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looks like there is an unstable layer in there...but also looks like there is sinking motion within it. 

Here is 850 RH at 9z...all the good lift is just above this...I don't think we'll have issues generating snow but we will have problems getting it to the ground. This is why I think the radar may be a bit deceiving tomorrow...especially the higher up the beam is hitting

image.png.0dcf5c95c8dfd027b539dfd9bf6ca9a3.png 

what site is this

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There won’t be much west of the stronger forcing. 

Much of the region gets into the stronger forcing but it just seems that everything favors eastern areas being able to utilize it. Actually...18z NAM 3K and even the RPM are hinting at an extremely thin band of very heavy snow which may develop and scrape SE CT, RI, and SE MA...it's just very progressive though...if something like that can develop and hang around a bit someone could easily get 3-4'' out that way. 

36 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

I didn't really say that - it will be a factor on the back edge of the precip shield and could provide a sharp cutoff in snowfall on the northwestern fringes.

I hope you realize that you wasted your time by getting a met degree....a few "pro" forecasters here never took one met course BUT yet have a significant level of "expertise" far beyond the professional mets on this forum......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I hope you realized you wasted your time by getting a met degree....a few "pro" forecasters here never took one met course BUT yet have a significant level of "expertise" far beyond the professional mets on this forum......

I am willing to bet that those so called “pro” forecasters don’t have a deep understanding of the physics that drive weather. 

With that said I will be looking for my 2-4 tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Briz600 said:

I am willing to bet that those so called “pro” forecasters don’t have a deep understanding of the physics that drive weather. 

With that said I will be looking for my 2-4 tomorrow morning.

Those "pro"  forecasters have physics confused with psychics......come to think of it they are psychics because for  most part they make bad predictions/forecasts....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s fine. I’m on phone so not exactly best way to compare. 

Did look like it backed off a little for E MA ...more like 2-3" instead of 4-5" but it was still hitting Ginxy to Fozz in N RI with 5" or so and back to like Kevin with 4".