Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/11 SNE Snow Threat

The 4 Seasons

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s going to be too low .. 3-6 is perfect for this as Will alluded to. Everything jacked up today. If you’re basing it off a  model that is being discontinued like the NAM then we salute you 

It's a matter of a couple of tenths of qpf. Some on Sunday night said flurries evaporating now it's up to 1 to 3 with lollipop to 4. That's a fraud? Lol jackpot queens, every storm is not 10 to 20. 

51 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

After the 18Z early runs are out no change in the 3 to 6 range. Will see what the Euro has. Still time to adjust. 

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

BOX cut totals a bit, now more realistic with widespread 3-4 rather than 4-6. ALY pretty much cancelled the storm, they really slashed totals less than 1/4 of what it was.

3-4 fits well within 3-6.

It’s possible a narrow area could do well. That’s how these go. I’m just not sure I’d go more than 4” in a widespread area. Will fine tune tonight. The 700 fronto maps are pretty good. Snow growth is above that so we look from H7-H6 or so for lift. At H7, you can see stream lines converge over SNE. WSW winds vs more SW flow. This tightens thermal gradient and creates lift. That’s what you want to see. However, where does this line up? Is it progressive? Dry air below? These are all factors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s possible a narrow area could do well. That’s how these go. I’m just not sure I’d go more than 4” in a widespread area. Will fine tune tonight. The 700 fronto maps are pretty good. Snow growth is above that so we look from H7-H6 or so for lift. At H7, you can see stream lines converge over SNE. WSW winds vs more SW flow. This tightens thermal gradient and creates lift. That’s what you want to see. However, where does this line up? Is it progressive? Dry air below? These are all factors. 

How do you feel about Wiz map and no accumulation?

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hi

Hi?

Not sure how to interpret this, but i've been on the 2-4 range since the start, not flurries not 4-8 either. Nothings changed, map coming shortly.

And no, there is no chance of WSWs (if you mean Winter Storm Watch or Warning) in the AM package (tomorrow) and i'm willing to be money on that. I'd say they will hoist advisories statewide in the AM package but its also possible they may hold off to PM with boarderline totals and low confidence. But most likely think well see advisories across the state tomorrow morning.

• Like 1