Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 11 Frontal Wave Snow Event

WxUSAF

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks like some enhanced precip rolling north through C VA. I won't flip until close to midnight at the earliest but the northern crew may get into some respectable rates in an hour or so  

Was just thinking that. If that moisture feed holds together my window would be around midnight to get some accumulation. Later tonight 95 could get clipped by the next wave as it pulls out. But the whole thing looks significantly weaker and disorganized compared to 24/48 hours ago. People keep saying “these never work” but they do plenty of times. It seems here the energy split with too much hanging back to get an organized wave. Instead we just have small pulses along the front. Hopefully you guys at least get on the board. So far there has been some accumulation north and south of you. Regardless of what happens here I hope I wake up to reports of some accumulations along 95 from the trailing deathband. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Nothing here except wind.  As expected.

Glad to see you’re in mid season form already!  Seriously though you have to move out of that precip shadow you live in. I witnessed the same phenomenon in central PA living east of the Alleghany spine.  Anytime there was any southwesterly wind component it was death to our precip.  It was soul crushingly frustrating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Glad to see you’re in mid season form already!  Seriously though you have to move out of that precip shadow you live in. I witnessed the same phenomenon in central PA living east of the Alleghany spine.  Anytime there was any southwesterly wine component it was death to our precip.  It was soul crushingly frustrating. 

Southwesterly wine sounds interesting to be honest. Tell me more. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic