Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 11 Frontal Wave Snow Event

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm gonna pull the good ol' weenie excuse of saying that both the 12k and 3k initiated really poorly with respect to how much precip is on the actual radar. Completely missed everything in Tennessee, Arkansas, and Kentucky.

Was gonna say the same thing. If the forecasted radar is that far off how can any stick be placed in anything it shows?

• Like 1

^Problem with that southern/eastern 'band' is temps. That map might be close to representative if we weren't talking warm, soggy ground and surface temps in the 34-35 degree range. I would totally take it verbatim if we had cold ground and temps around 30. As it is, anywhere SE of the fall line is looking at a half inch or less with extremely poor accumulating efficiency, unless some intense banding sets up overhead.

• Like 1

Well...a dusting of snow, or a light crust, is really all I expect where I'm at.  But cannot say I'm disappointed in any way.  Will at least get on the board somewhat, unlike last December.  It will still be an impressive temperature drop and tomorrow will be a rude awakening after 50s today.  Heh...maybe it will give me a chance to dust off the brush/scraper for the car tomorrow morning (if I can find it and dig the darned thing out)!!

15 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I think I heard (jokingly, I'm sure :lol:) that HDRPS maps are banned. 18z HDRPS is gonna be the best run of the 18z suite, bands DC-Balt pretty hard. 2-4" type run for areas that get hit, temps cooperate because of the banding.

Not so tasty down in Richmond...

19 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I think I heard (jokingly, I'm sure :lol:) that HDRPS maps are banned. 18z HDRPS is gonna be the best run of the 18z suite, bands DC-Balt pretty hard. 2-4" type run for areas that get hit, temps cooperate because of the banding.

Today is hug a Derp day...

19 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I never joke :ph34r:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I heard that Jeb runs that model...

(And I say that all in good fun, Jeb!!)

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic