Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible frontal wave snow

Zelocita Weather

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The snow isnt going to stick here in the city. Surface temps are above freezing.

It it great to see snow but what's the point when it doesnt stick on the pavement.

Yes snow it's tough living in the city where everything is basically pavement. I'm one town outside of the Bronx and it looks like a winter wonderland everything's covered except the street and part of the sidewalk. blacktop grass all covered with about an inch of accumulation just eyeballing it. I will measure after the last band comes through

14 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The snow isnt going to stick here in the city. Surface temps are above freezing.

It it great to see snow but what's the point when it doesnt stick on the pavement.

Like I said you'd be lucky to get an inch. This is just another grass/car topper nothing more. 

Wake me up when there's an actual threat coming.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

I got burned 2 times by the snow maps. I'm not going to expect anything to stick if temps are just above freezing. 

Terrible spot for snow. Wish I lived  near the adirondacks. 

Wrong. It can stick near or a bit above freezing. LI is getting pounded right now. It's about rates, and it was clear that this would be to the east, which I said would happen. Looking at snow maps is amateur hour. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichBailey said:

I’ve read it so many times on this forum in the past two days that I can’t help myself

West Babylon Long Island 60° 12 hours ago

“warm” surfaces all covered. It can happen and it does happen

FC705B5F-122D-441C-953E-A0B9CDC81B06.jpeg

You had heavier snow bands out there

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Wrong. It can stick near or a bit above freezing. LI is getting pounded right now. It's about rates, and it was clear that this would be to the east, which I said would happen. Looking at snow maps is amateur hour. 

Or west, or north....

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

I can dream because that will never happen.  My fiancee hates the cold and snow. 

This was me last November  in Cooperstown. Love it up there. Few inches the night before.

20181127_100653.jpg

31f moderate snow now.  Same here with my wife of 20+ yrs now.  We eventually bought a cabin in the adirondacks so we always have a wintry retreat.  That’s a good compromise for guy tied to the city..

• Like 1