Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible frontal wave snow

Zelocita Weather

20 minutes ago, Snowfreak09 said:

You could truly destroy a wet dream.   Perhaps u just read and post less.  

Our forums spectrum has a wonderful range of colors. On one end you have S88 on the other S19 with 69 hues between them. One, two, three, four or no inches? Without the beloved Charles Shultz to consult with I can only offer one of his Charlie Brown quotes: “worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good. Frankly, I feel it’s all good. As always .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These snow totals are probably being measured on a snowboard suspended a few hundred feet above ground. lol.       The GFS LAMP stops all the precipitation while temperature only gets to 37 in NYC.     Don't forget where the Skin T  will be after two days in the 50's.

And Nature is only playing the Saturday rain to make sure all snowboards are clean for the 17th/18th possibility.       Models are playing ping-pong with that one now.      There are too many elements of the atmosphere changing at the same time in unpredictable ways.       Hang on to your favorite model(s).     

I have a favorite model, but she doesn't like to be squeezed by strangers.    lol again

• Haha 3

Our forums spectrum has a wonderful range of colors. On one end you have S88 on the other S19 with 69 hues between them. One, two, three, four or no inches? Without the beloved Charles Shultz to consult with I can only offer one of his Charlie Brown quotes: “worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good. Frankly, I feel it’s all good. As always .....
The difference is s19 only posts when there's snow on the models and to say the models are wrong and it's going to rain.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X605F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

The difference is s19 only posts when there's snow on the models and to say the models are wrong and it's going to rain.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X605F using Tapatalk

Considering all the reaction he gets his bias seems to be well spent. Even so it’s only five time daily, that is until the powers,  as per tradition, reduce it to zero. As always .....

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

West jog is interesting however this looks DOA west of eastern Nassau. Hi-res RGEM looks way less impressive they 11hrs as well.

Nothing is DOA yet. We still have the models  tonight.  They arent in agreement yet.

Euro has nothing for anyone except for an inch in places 

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Nothing is DOA yet. We still have the models  tonight.  They arent in agreement yet.

Euro has nothing for anyone except for an inch in places 

DOA. Only model showing anything more than mood flakes(outside of LI) is the RGEM and associates. Hi-res went from impressive to nuisance. 

hrdps_mslp_pcpn_neus_fh21_trend.gif

• Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Are you not equally biased? Which the moderator pointed out not but a few hours ago, along with during the last storm? You're just as annoying. 

I enjoy our local metro area weather. It’s like having a puberty rerun. Where else can you be in the raining mid fifties, yet at the same time, be under a, just hours away, Winter Weather Snow Advisory. As always ......

• Like 1

The 1-2 inch snowmaps which count sleet as snow only showing that much are a dead giveaway. You are not getting 10:1 ratios, more like 8:1 or most likely lower, when you factor that in, plus the boundary layer temps which are going to suck, you are getting less than an inch. You were well in the 50’s all day today, even far NW of the city, wet roads, wet ground, going to be a lot of disappointments tomorrow...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

The 1-2 inch snowmaps which count sleet as snow only showing that much are a dead giveaway. You are not getting 10:1 ratios, more like 8:1 or most likely lower, when you factor that in, plus the boundary layer temps which are going to suck, you are getting less than an inch. You were well in the 50’s all day today, even far NW of the city, wet roads, wet ground, going to be a lot of disappointments tomorrow...

This. Unless the changeover comes earlier or the band situates more NW than modeled, I don't see this amounting to much in the city.

10 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

anddd its over, i love the snowhole over westchester so far this season, awesome!:weenie:

That being said, I'm assuming this is based off the latest GFS? Wouldn't get too worked up about a GFS run inside 12 hours, it doesn't have to resolution to understand the specifics relevant to this time frame. 

• Like 2