• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

Haven’t followed the weather much but are we cooked regarding snow chances for second half of March . 

It feels like it’s April or something the way everyone has given up (rightfully ) on winters chances (outside of mountains and extreme NNE)

actually euro shows something for CNE and elevations n of pike over to just inland in CNE Wednesday nite-Thursday am

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Haven’t followed the weather much but are we cooked regarding snow chances for second half of March . 

It feels like it’s April or something the way everyone has given up (rightfully ) on winters chances (outside of mountains and extreme NNE)

actually euro shows something for CNE and elevations n of pike over to just inland in CNE Wednesday nite-Thursday am

As Dendrite said yesterday he hasn’t seen frozen precipitation in 30 days!  Pretty incredible considering it is only 3-15. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As Dendrite said yesterday he hasn’t seen frozen precipitation in 30 days!  Pretty incredible considering it is only 3-15. 

It’s a joke

CNE got a late taste of how winter was for most in SNE

looks like your area Chris could see something potentially late Wednesday nite

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Has anyone heard from Bob? FB? Anything?

He hasn‘t logged in since 2/22.

Has he logged in at AmPol?  I can't keep track of people over there with the name changes.  If I remember correctly, he has or had leukemia, right?  That's got to be close to the top of the list for immunity compromising conditions.  Hope he is ok

Tom Brady out according to his own tweet - 

could be a hoax to motivate reaction?   ...but, given the last several months of fervor and tenor surrounding his free-agency, and to mention the SUPER attractive offence the can-do-know-wrong Bellicheck put together surrounding him last year ... probably this is destiny 

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

could be a hoax to motivate reaction?   ...but, given the last several months of fervor and tenor surrounding his free-agency, and to mention the SUPER attractive offence the can-do-know-wrong Bellicheck put together surrounding him last year ... probably this is destiny 

He gone.

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

IMO expected and if I were the Pats front office I would not have resigned him. Time to rebuild that position after 20 years

28 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

IMO expected and if I were the Pats front office I would not have resigned him. Time to rebuild that position after 20 years

That's not a reason, though - 

what does that mean, after 20 years.. .It's a faux logic to break something that isn't broken.   I hate that - 

if there is empirical evidence to support the position as being held by inadequate personnel, that is when you rebuild it.  The 20 years is irrelevant. 

Now...one can argue that at age 42, the longevity is an issue.. yeah, granted. Quite true. But, patterning and real evidence is that this particular individual's future doesn't decline along the 'normal extinction of skill and usefulness' curve ( if we will...), that you normally get from other QB's. There's that, and, that gives time to repopulate the position - which that Tidman kid showed enough promise to be at minimum a stand in if needed, if not taking over.   Patriot's fan base is a bastion for high- rootin' tootin' yahoos, too many of which are rah-rahing their way through any analytic regards to this/these questions, but the reality is ...  there is a better way to manage this transition than forcing the team ( probably... but we'll see) down a five year road of rebuilding mediocrity.   We'll probably never see a 6 super bowl future ever again.  The reality is, the base-line probability is that any team is lucky to have one in five years...and the Patriots are probably now riding along that same curve. And they didn't have to... it didn't have to end this way... 

It seems like self-destruction is fad-cancer currently permeating all walks of societal reality these days.... This whole pandemic thing is serious, but not apocalyptic like the corporate media is cashing in on by creating this dystopian cinema.   It seems it's part of the human equation, to want to disrupt good things destructively and force a reset - it's some evolutionary trick (probably) to prevent the tribe from gaining complacency during faux quiescence ( theory) 

It is with a heavy heart I'm announcing that my internship with @CT Rain  has been suspended due to the Covid-19 outbreak. I am wrapping up my undergraduate career with the aim of entering a Meteorology graduate program, and the experience, industry insight, education/on the job learning, and litany of connections Ryan provided me with at the station have been nothing short of incredible. 

The opportunities for students in the weather community, be it on this site or elsewhere, are boundless and exciting. While today is a sad day, it is merely a bump in the road in what I hope is a long and fruitful path of a meteorological career. All I want to say is thank you to this community for helping me and countless other prospective meteorologists continue along the path to success, as well as stoking my passion for the weather! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boston Bulldog said:

It is with a heavy heart I'm announcing that my internship with @CT Rain  has been suspended due to the Covid-19 outbreak. I am wrapping up my undergraduate career with the aim of entering a Meteorology graduate program, and the experience, industry insight, education/on the job learning, and litany of connections Ryan provided me with at the station have been nothing short of incredible. 

The opportunities for students in the weather community, be it on this site or elsewhere, are boundless and exciting. While today is a sad day, it is merely a bump in the road in what I hope is a long and fruitful path of a meteorological career. All I want to say is thank you to this community for helping me and countless other prospective meteorologists continue along the path to success, as well as stoking my passion for the weather! 

We'll miss you Will! Thanks for being a part of the team. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Did someone post a statistical run-down of the top 20 lowest snow return winters tending to be followed by above normal temperature summers?   

I may be imagining that but I thought I had seen that in here -

Looked at the local long term co-op and found a weak positive signal.
--Compared to the 127-year JJA average, 11 of those 20 summers were AN and the overall average was +0.60
--Compared to the appropriate decade averages, also 11 were AN and 20-summer average was +0.49.

Looking at only the 10 least snowy winters, against LT for JJA the departure was only +0.24 but against the decades it was +0.73.  Still pretty weak.

1.2" of frozen goobledygook with 0.71" liquid equivalent last night and early this morning. So close to being a decent 6-8 incher here, but like many other events in this garbage winter, no.

I've had only one synoptic storm this winter besides the early December storm that has managed to produce >6" of snow and remain all snow, which was on 2/10 with 9". And that's debatable since it ended as light drizzle.

I've only had two other synoptic all snowers, one on 12/17 and 1/18-19, but they were both < 6" with 4.3" and 5.2" respectively. 

113.0" for the season. Winter grade as of now is a straight D. If we can get a good storm or two in the next couple of weeks I may bump it into the low to mid C range. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...