Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

42 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ughhh does anyone know how to format in Excel to return average time? I'm pretty sure I have it setup properly but (I'm using 24-hr time) when I input times such as (0:11, 0:16, 0:07) it is throwing off what the average should be. A fix seems to be just convert into 12-HR time but I know there is a way to do it but can't figure it out. 

Is the cell that you're computing the average, is that formatted to time as well?

10 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Is the cell that you're computing the average, is that formatted to time as well?

yeah I did make sure it was formatted to time as well...kinda bizarre b/c I think I have each cell formatted properly. 

I was getting an average of 17:48 from this set of times

image.png.0c1c7d256390f25a001b85fe26850ac5.png

but when I just do it using 12-hr time format the average is correct. 

59 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Actually, as prices drop, wait till you’re near empty but I think that’s some of your point.

lol just bought 20 shares of Tesla @ $624.00 once trading resumed, told wife kitchen floor on hold till fall, if we only knew where the bottom is(lol), anyways i wouldn't be surprise if gas is below $1,90 a gallon in a month or so, even heating fuel.....

wife a bit pissed off,....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, 512high said:

lol just bought 20 shares of Tesla @ $624.00 once trading resumed, told wife kitchen floor on hold till fall, if we only knew where the bottom is(lol), anyways i wouldn't be surprise if gas is below $1,90 a gallon in a month or so, even heating fuel.....

wife a bit pissed off,....

Tesla overvalued bro!!

6 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Tesla overvalued bro!!

I'm long term i bought high, they are finally showing a profit, their solar end is growing rapidly, I'm a small investor. No dividend paid ,they are a growth stock for now , much better cash on hand(them...not I!) It was some play money, I could have dumped into other stocks I own, will see what happens........  

On 3/9/2020 at 6:27 AM, NorEastermass128 said:

Nobody is saying it’s his fault. He does set the tone for the country though. When he says not to worry, it’s a hoax, yada yada yada, that’s not leadership. That’s just dangerous. If he can’t lead, step the heck back and let the adults handle it. He can claim credit for solving this after...

Yes and in my opinion, this is being hyped to death. No one seems to care, or want to hear/educate themselves that the flu mortality is nearly the same. 

3 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

Yes and in my opinion, this is being hyped to death. No one seems to care, or want to hear/educate themselves that the flu mortality is nearly the same. 

There's a separate thread for this but when you say "nearly the same" you do realize it's higher for Covid-19, correct?

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---3-march-2020

"Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected."

It's also an unknown.  As more data is gathered we know more but it's the uncertainty that's driving things.

2 hours ago, MetHerb said:

There's a separate thread for this but when you say "nearly the same" you do realize it's higher for Covid-19, correct?

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---3-march-2020

"Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected."

It's also an unknown.  As more data is gathered we know more but it's the uncertainty that's driving things.

Yes exactly, hence the "nearly"  And I don't mean to say it's nothing but with doctors I work for that I have spoken with the 3 of them believe there is an excessive amount of hype.

Regarding mortality.  The most conservative estimate is about 1%.   Flu is 0.1%.   So no way in hell is it nearly the same.  COVID-19 conservatively is 10x more deadly.  And that 1% could be too optimistic.  As of right now-about 150,000 cases world wide and 5600 deaths.....that’s about 3.5% but I acknowledge there are probably many who got it, recovered, and are unaccounted for in the total.  The lack of testing here is appalling and hopefully will change quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1