Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

37 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There are many symptomatic people who are getting denied.  We don’t have enough tests.  Leadership has been focused on the politics vs the public health.  The actual number of infected people is probably way more than currently known.  This is going to be the biggest public health issue in 100 years or more.

Link?

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks have no clue what’s about to hit our nation the next couple of weeks. This will hearken back the plague . That’s not hyperbole . It’s already happening. Our nation in this generation is about to get hit with something none of us except the very senior citizen have ever experienced 

Plague? You can't even be serious. 

Just now, weathafella said:

Common sense and the pattern throughout every country so far.  Keeping your head in the sand won’t protect you.

I like facts better. Yes we like the rest of the world are in the grips of a pandemic.  Oddly political unlike H1N1 which killed 525 k in the world 12k here.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I like facts better. Yes we like the rest of the world are in the grips of a pandemic.  Oddly political unlike H1N1 which killed 525 k in the world 12k here.

That was bad but we were prepared.  We hopefully will be when it hits the fan very soon.  Google estimate of actual cases in the USA and you will come up with some good articles.  My copy and paste function isn’t working on this broken down iPad.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That was bad but we were prepared.  We hopefully will be when it hits the fan very soon.  Google estimate of actual cases in the USA and you will come up with some good articles.  My copy and paste function isn’t working on this broken down iPad.

Obviously this will grow by leeps and bounds but what I am seeing is absolute panic by some including inflammatory posts. So do you think we exceed the 61 million infections of H1N1? 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Obviously this will grow by leeps and bounds but what I am seeing is absolute panic by some including inflammatory posts. So do you think we exceed the 61 million infections of H1N1? 

Hopefully not because a lot more will die.  Also, flu shot ahead of that one blunted symptoms most likely.  No shot for this one.  More contagious also.

Hopefully not because a lot more will die.  Also, flu shot ahead of that one blunted symptoms most likely.  No shot for this one.  More contagious also.

So much for globalization of medical supplies. It's time to harken back to the time when we are able to take care of ourselves if needed. Many warned of this exact scenario. Fact is when the shit hits the fan its each country on it's own protecting it's own

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So much for globalization of medical supplies. It's time to harken back to the time when we are able to take care of ourselves if needed. Many warned of this exact scenario. Fact is when the shit hits the fan its each country on it's own protecting it's own

Thanks to China’s early mis steps, everyone started behind.  But we’ve had 2 months to prepare but we are unable to allow scientists to prepare us because of fear of markets which are tanking because in part there is no coherent leadership.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thanks to China’s early mis steps, everyone started behind.  But we’ve had 2 months to prepare but we are unable to allow scientists to prepare us because of fear of markets which are tanking because in part there is no coherent leadership.  

Arlington elementary closed because Parent positive and child has symptoms.  Both tested. Seems like testing is ongoing  47 tests in Ct 1 positive. 

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Arlington elementary closed because Parent positive and child has symptoms.  Both tested. Seems like testing is ongoing  47 tests in Ct 1 positive. 

I have 2 friends 70+ who cant get tested.

Both sick for over a week....hopefully not Coronavirus but could easily be.  Community spread is so easy especially in cities and suburbs.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think more when it’s all said and done.  Hopefully I’m wrong.  This is the real deal.  There’s a ton of folks over 60 zin this country.

Only a little over 3k in China so far with a population of 1.4 billion. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Only a little over 3k in China so far with a population of 1.4 billion. 

What are the chances of us locking down Ike China?

And what are the chances China is being 100% open and honest with their numbers?

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have 2 friends 70+ who cant get tested.

Both sick for over a week....hopefully not Coronavirus but could easily be.  Community spread is so easy especially in cities and suburbs.

Maybe their symptoms aren't related. Flu is highly prevalent.  I still think this has been around a lot longer than we know. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe their symptoms aren't related. Flu is highly prevalent. I still think this has been around a lot longer than we know.

I think it is similar to other Coronaviruses in the past but like them it is unique unto itself.  I’ll be shocked if I don’t have someone positive near me.

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Are we really behind the 8 ball? 

No, not any more than anyone else. When something like this wants to spread, theres not a lot we can do til if and when theres a vaccine. The other funny thing is two doctors I work for have said that several patients who absolutely refuse to get flu shots have been beating down their doors asking when a covid vaccine will be available. Some people will always just be stupid idiots and let hype run their lives