Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

42 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Also anecdotal is that guy (tweeter not necessarily the guy on the vid) is quite the right winger.

Lol yea that's important to note,not. Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is everyone who tries to make political points out of every discussion. Screw ya right and left wingers it's not about you 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol yea that's important to note,not. Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is everyone who tries to make political points out of every discussion. Screw ya right and left wingers it's not about you 

It’s why our country is behind the 8 ball on this.  The Israelis and Palestinians are cooperating over there regarding Coronavirus but we can’t.

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s why our country is behind the 8 ball on this.  The Israelis and Palestinians are cooperating over there regarding Coronavirus but we can’t.

The tone is set at the top. That’s all I can say. If one particular person doesn’t want to or is incapable of leading, someone else needs to step up. 

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cmon man...

“ALERT: CDC officials have advised that wearing a Gary Sanchez jersey could protect you from the coronavirus since he cannot catch anything”

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have the same one, Except mine is right side up:lol:, The bottle opener comes in handy.

LOL I have no idea why it posted like that. So aggravating.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep grilled too. Although I grill all winter. 

Me too. Steak tips marinated in Italian dressing tonight. Yum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep grilled too. Although I grill all winter. 

Yessir.   First grilling of the season.  Earlier it was either too snowy, too cold, or too dark.      I used to grill a bit during the winter before we did the screen porch. I had a deck and the grill was on that.  With the screen porch the grill is down below at ground level

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not sure where to post now lol but yeah. We’re not just behind, at one point we were egregiously behind. The federal government knew as soon as January that this virus presented pandemic potential.

For a country of this size, that means you almost immediately need to move to either replicate the WHO test or design one that can be accurate and mass produced. The CDC decided the latter, and unfortunately, that didn’t work. I don’t ding the administration for that too much. 

What is highly problematic however IMO is that once the testing setback was identified, it seems as if the administration was 1) unable to quickly pivot and ramp up testing capacity and 2) the president was far more concerned with stock market figures and wholly inaccurate information than lighting a fire under his executive branch to get it together. 

I’m hopeful that we’re catching up just in time, but I think it’s clear the ball was dropped. Hopefully, we can get millions of tests out this week so we can gauge the extent of the outbreak and effectively deal with mitigating the impact on the economy and vulnerable populations. 

You  can only test symptomatic people.  I don't understand how and why we are perceived to be so far behind.  I think there is way too much conjecture. 

• Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You  can only test symptomatic people.  I don't understand how and why we are perceived to be so far behind.  I think there is way too much conjecture. 

There are many symptomatic people who are getting denied.  We don’t have enough tests.  Leadership has been focused on the politics vs the public health.  The actual number of infected people is probably way more than currently known.  This is going to be the biggest public health issue in 100 years or more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There are many symptomatic people who are getting denied.  We don’t have enough tests.  Leadership has been focused on the politics vs the public health.  The actual number of infected people is probably way more than currently known.  This is going to be the biggest public health issue in 100 years or more.

I’ll defer to Jerry, the MD on this one. You may need to delay your retirement. Looks like we’ll need your services. 

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Folks have no clue what’s about to hit our nation the next couple of weeks. This will hearken back the plague . That’s not hyperbole . It’s already happening. Our nation in this generation is about to get hit with something none of us except the very senior citizen have ever experienced 

31 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I’ll defer to Jerry, the MD on this one. You may need to delay your retirement. Looks like we’ll need your services. 

We’re going to have to depend on state leadership and unfortunately that is very uneven across the country.

Defer retirement?   First goal is to make it in one piece to the retirement date!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We’re going to have to depend on state leadership and unfortunately that is very uneven across the country.

Defer retirement?   First goal is to make it in one life to the retirement date!

I agree. We are fortunate to live in one of the best states for this type of event.