Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

On 3/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, BrianW said:

This is spot on. Marijuana and CBD also have huge medicinal benefits as well. Its helping people with all types of health issues instead of taking powerful synthetic pharmaceuticals. 

I have seen it first hand with a family member suffering and dying from cancer and marijuana was the only thing that worked on easing his suffering. All the other drugs made him extremely ill.

Also, the science behind thc now is really advanced. They have the entire molecular structure broken down and what the effects are associated with them. Its not like the old days of buying some random bud.  The effects of each strain are known. You can buy tested and chemical free bud that is good for sleep for example.

Here is a description from NETA in Northhampton of some of their buds. 

Screenshot_20200305-181448_Chrome.jpg

Sorry you have a family member dealing with a heartbreaking disease but glad they have some sort of comfort, regardless of what it is. 

The science has advanced on thc which is crucial to help break down the stigma doors and get it legalized. That and states seeking revenue with nowhere else to turn to. However it gets done, it’s necessary. If people are concerned about legalizing pot, I ask them to research Portugal’s progressive policies on it, and all drugs at that. They are 5 steps ahead of us. It’s quite remarkable and sickening...we are so far behind.

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Will do.... very expensive. I went to a local golf place today and to put together a whole set it was going to be a lot... even used. Any opinions on the above 2 links? 

I would honestly save the money and go with the cheaper set. Adam’s Golf makes good beginner sets though, I would take a peak to see if they have something comparable.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I would honestly save the money and go with the cheaper set. Adam’s Golf makes good beginner sets though, I would take a peak to see if they have something comparable.

After getting about a half dozen recommendations... went with the Wilson staff the first set I linked.... we’ll see how they are 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m still playing on a box set, not custom, in my 10th year. If you’re just starting out, no reason to pay up...the sport is expensive as it is. 

Also, head over to the golf thread for stuff like this. Good to have another player.

I’m still playing with the Mizuno MX-17s I bought over 10 years ago. I’ve tested some new ones on the course a couple of times and haven’t found any that I felt were so much better that I wanted to spend the money. I keep telling myself I’ll get new ones but I like my old ones. 

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The death rate is higher than 2% for older people based on what’s happened so far. However healthy people in their 20s-40s have had it much better in terms of coping with it. I think part of the issue here is how easily it can spread and how the idiotic govt isn’t really prepared to handle it. I do agree the media can stop making it the top headline every 10 min.

Death rate out of China is .5% if like H1N1 61 million Americans get it that's 305k dead

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I’m still playing with the Mizuno MX-17s I bought over 10 years ago. I’ve tested some new ones on the course a couple of times and haven’t found any that I felt were so much better that I wanted to spend the money. I keep telling myself I’ll get new ones but I like my old ones. 

Yea. I’d like to get fitted and take that next step in my game but I always come back to the same reason..I’m just too comfortable with them. Unless the data is overwhelming that I can hit it further and straighter with something else without an improvement to my skills, I’ll stay the course. 

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I’d like to get fitted and take that next step in my game but I always come back to the same reason..I’m just too comfortable with them. Unless the data is overwhelming that I can hit it further and straighter with something else without an improvement to my skills, I’ll stay the course. 

I've always been in the camp of it's more the Archer than the arrow . Friend of mine recently retired and treated himself  to ping g700 irons. Only  clubs I've ever hit where I can say without a doubt they give a clear mechanical advantage. The ball rockets off the club.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

I've always been in the camp of it's more the Archer than the arrow . Friend of mine recently retired and treated himself  to ping g700 irons. Only  clubs I've ever hit where I can say without a doubt they give a clear mechanical advantage. The ball rockets off the club.

My father in law is a big golfer... I wouldn’t be surprised if he had $5k worth of clubs in his bag if not more.

Ultimately a club is a club. If you suck you suck, If you’re good you’re good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

On second thought I might go with Callaway strata. Cheaper and pretty good reviews. They don’t say Callaway on them so they must be made by some company loosely associated with them lol

You can have my clubs for low $ if you want decent ones with the fixings that set lacks - 3-5 irons, sw, upgraded ping putter. I can't play for the foreseeable future

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

On second thought I might go with Callaway strata. Cheaper and pretty good reviews. They don’t say Callaway on them so they must be made by some company loosely associated with them lol

What’s your budget and are you looking for a full set (woods and irons) or just irons?

ive never done it but I have friends who buy on eBay and get some good deals, but they know what they are looking for .

2 minutes ago, S&P said:

What’s your budget and are you looking for a full set (woods and irons) or just irons?

ive never done it but I have friends who buy on eBay and get some good deals, but they know what they are looking for .

Honestly... not much... 300-400 bucks probably. I’m looking for a whole set, but as a beginner, I don’t feel the need to spend a ton of money.

Ive checked eBay... and some interesting deals.. but I’ve yet to see a full set and piecing a set together on there seems pricey.

I have friends who have spent a couple hundred on “box” sets and slowly upgraded club by club over the seasons.

2 minutes ago, S&P said:

30 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Also as already noted you should be looking for game improvement or (not sure your skill level) super game improvement. They have bigger club head and are more forgiving for off-center hits. You can find out if what your looking at meets the is either.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, CoastalWx said:

The death rate is higher than 2% for older people based on what’s happened so far. However healthy people in their 20s-40s have had it much better in terms of coping with it. I think part of the issue here is how easily it can spread and how the idiotic govt isn’t really prepared to handle it. I do agree the media can stop making it the top headline every 10 min.

Bear in mind that the case fatality rate may actually rise going forward if draconian containment measures are not taken. This virus is very transmittable, and viral shedding is nearly as high in asymptomatic infected people as in those who are visibly sick. People can be walking around infecting others for weeks without knowing they are sick themselves. Based on the data we have, somewhere between 13-20% of infected people will require hospitalization, usually in the second or third week, which will very quickly will overwhelm hospital capacity, especially considering hospitals are already near capacity from the flu. Worse, coronavirus cases that progress to the pneumonia stage often require weeks of oxygen, assisted ventilation and other intensive care. Some patients appear to develop fibrosis, so basically permanent lung damage. There simply isn't enough capacity for the number of people who will likely need this therapy in the coming months. This will lead to deaths in people of all ages; obviously the rate will be higher in the elderly (which is somewhere around 15% for those above 80) and people with existing health complications, diabetes, smokers, cancer etc. etc. (of which there are millions), but there have been plenty of cases of young, healthy people dying from multiple organ failure from cytokine storms. Basically overly aggressive immune response causes massive inflammation and floods the lungs with fluid. Same thing happened in the young in 1918. The other thing to consider regarding the case fatality rate is that dividing deaths by confirmed cases may not be the best metric. Deaths/recoveries may be a better method, as it captures cases where the disease has completely run its course. Based on data so far, that would put SARS-COVID19 around 6-8%, not too far out of line with SARS' 10%. Don't expect this to disappear from the headlines anytime soon. We likely have not seen an infectious disease threat of this magnitude in a century.