Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Likewise. You always argue with everyone and you always have to be right. Everyone knows this, have some fun man. 

Excuse me but look back you jumped in on a truthful statement I made. 14K deaths this year from the flu in the US. What exactly did I say that wasn't correct. You blew this up like you always do and then back out trying to place blame.  

Just now, tamarack said:

I'd be real cautious in accepting numbers (for any statistic) from a country where government totally controls the media.  China also controls media but things have gone so far there, and they're so economically connected with the rest of the world, that it was in their self-interest to be more open with this issue.

World health organization sent 25 scientist there and examined records.  They say it has plateaued there due to Chinese restrictions.  The WHO site has all this including non hype mortality rates. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Excuse me but look back you jumped in on a truthful statement I made. 14K deaths this year from the flu in the US. What exactly did I say that wasn't correct. You blew this up like you always do and then back out trying to place blame.  

Which is terrible, but if 5 million (only a guess) have contracted the flu, that's a 0.3% mortality rate.  We need to take care that the coronavirus doesn't hit millions in the US.

My wife has a pretty compromised immune system so any illness (flu, stomach bug, etc) is always risky. She takes real good care of herself but the genes are what they are.  We have to be cautious of things like this.  
China has done a good job of containment all things considered. They also have a huge population of smokers and that could affect numbers. 

be prepared. Don’t overreact.  

This is so much more fun to discuss than weather :axe:

58 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Which is terrible, but if 5 million (only a guess) have contracted the flu, that's a 0.3% mortality rate.  We need to take care that the coronavirus doesn't hit millions in the US.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/colorado/mumps-cases-among-keystone-resort-employees-grow-to-17/?fbclid=IwAR3bcHi2gSX8zIcux1J24t8Tgcjo2EGX6Hp3Kl9s3MJwwMjqaSmjiTrlqV8

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife has a pretty compromised immune system so any illness (flu, stomach bug, etc) is always risky. She takes real good care of herself but the genes are what they are.  We have to be cautious of things like this.  
China has done a good job of containment all things considered. They also have a huge population of smokers and that could affect numbers. 

I trust Mike Pence will pray it away

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I tend to view things from a less materialistic view point such as full on Darwinism in the terms of atheism.  My faith is that of Intelligent Design where Darwinian principles simply are genes that contain a programmed code to activate when we are not taking care of our bodies as a defensive mechanism that does not activate automatically because of simply genes but rather of the choice within ourselves to be ignorant of how we take care of ourselves.  Darwinian Atheism is the removing of responsibility that no matter what we do and how healthy we try to keep ourselves we are fated to get that disease to which I no longer buy into because the fault is on the individual not knowing of how to eat properly, how to control our emotions, and act in a respectful way according to what our nature is.  

And my immune system at 41 in human linear terms is so compromised because of my diet and the inability to gain control of myself, my ego, that I am getting the response that I am because it is my fault not paying attention to the suffering of my relatives that I may have the same genes of my mother more then my father  and what is left Diabetes Type 2 losing one toe already, and Retinopathy that requires Avastin (A cancer drug with Mercury) shots which by the way can destroy brain cells but is necessary as I have no other solution but to accept the black magican's medical treatment in order to keep my  vision to allow me to study on my time on subjects that require deep thought and concentration which involve the study of the Paleo and Keto diets, as with an assortment  of deep knowledge of climate, cometary and volcanic observation to Philosophy. and Mysticism. 

In short it's our fault that we are sick because of ignorance which the universal consciousness holds us responsible regardless whether we are in the know or not and receive the proper condition as rhythms vibrate to the polarity of the service to self condition which is a consequence of what we Generate which we are defaulted to.  There are no mutations that happen randomly, as per design programs as we destroy the possibility to be.  The only way in is the way out to treat the disease ourselves with the doctors in assistance and not them telling us what to do and most preferably holistic solutions as the primary choice with allopathic as a specialty when natural solutions fail.  

In other words work on thyself to study the self to understand the human condition in order to know who I am and how to fix and contain the damage that I have already done to thyself through a discerning process to learn in this school to understand my connection to the universal christ to be in Service to Others as close as possible as this world allows thee.  And that process includes taking care of thy health.  BTW that rumor has it that disease is a failed vaccine that mutated out of a Chinese lab - just one of the rumors.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ogmios said:

I tend to view things from a less materialistic view point such as full on Darwinism in the terms of atheism.  My faith is that of Intelligent Design where Darwinian principles simply are genes that contain a programmed code to activate when we are not taking care of our bodies as a defensive mechanism that does not activate automatically because of simply genes but rather of the choice within ourselves to be ignorant of how we take care of ourselves.  Darwinian Atheism is the removing of responsibility that no matter what we do and how healthy we try to keep ourselves we are fated to get that disease to which I no longer buy into because the fault is on the individual not knowing of how to eat properly, how to control our emotions, and act in a respectful way according to what our nature is.  

And my immune system at 41 in human linear terms is so compromised because of my diet and the inability to gain control of myself, my ego, that I am getting the response that I am because it is my fault not paying attention to the suffering of my relatives that I may have the same genes of my mother more then my father  and what is left Diabetes Type 2 losing one toe already, and Retinopathy that requires Avastin (A cancer drug with Mercury) shots which by the way can destroy brain cells but is necessary as I have no other solution but to accept the black magican's medical treatment in order to keep my  vision to allow me to study on my time on subjects that require deep thought and concentration which involve the study of the Paleo and Keto diets, as with an assortment  of deep knowledge of climate, cometary and volcanic observation to Philosophy. and Mysticism. 

In short it's our fault that we are sick because of ignorance which the universal consciousness holds us responsible regardless whether we are in the know or not and receive the proper condition as rhythms vibrate to the polarity of the service to self condition which is a consequence of what we Generate which we are defaulted to.  There are no mutations that happen randomly, as per design programs as we destroy the possibility to be.  The only way in is the way out to treat the disease ourselves with the doctors in assistance and not them telling us what to do and most preferably holistic solutions as the primary choice with allopathic as a specialty when natural solutions fail.  

In other words work on thyself to study the self to understand the human condition in order to know who I am and how to fix and contain the damage that I have already done to thyself through a discerning process to learn in this school to understand my connection to the universal christ to be in Service to Others as close as possible as this world allows thee.  And that process includes taking care of thy health.  BTW that rumor has it that disease is a failed vaccine that mutated out of a Chinese lab - just one of the rumors.

Wow.  I need to drink with this dude.

Image result for spicoli quotes

• Haha 1

For those running window ac's this new design by Midea will save you alot of money. Especially with the high electric costs of New England. CT for example has the 3rd most expensive electricity with Hawaii and Alaska being number 1 and 2.

Standard windows ac's are fixed speed and use a ton of electricity. This one has an inverter like a mini split and the compressor can adjust its capacity based on the cooling load. Midea claims at its lowest speed it will draw less than 200 watts. Most windows units run at 5 times that. Its is also 9 times quieter than a regular ac. 

Cost per kwh. 

1. Hawaii      34.43
  2. Alaska      21.99
  3. Connecticut   20.8
  4. Massachusetts   20.6
  5. California   19.44
  6. New York   17.34
  7. New Hampshire 18.9
  8. Rhode Island   18.2
  9. Vermont   17.9

Washington state has the lowest electricity rate at 7 cents due to their huge amount of cheap hydroelectric. Hydro Quebec also has some of the lowest rates in the world as well.

vt72ibhugib3hdydrety.jpg

• Like 1

In London to watch Manchester City at Wembley today. Went to watch a match at Fulham yesterday and got hit by a 15 minute wind blown graupel storm that blew across the Thames. At least I got to see something frozen and white falling from the sky for the first time in a while.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Snow “pack” through all of met winter except 2 days in January 

I was observing the same thing here a few weeks back. This winter has stunk further east of you on rt. 2 but it has strangely had snow coverage, albeit very thin.

In other weird occurrences, my wife is in Portland this weekend visiting friends. I woke up this morning to find a social media post of her watching the sunset last night in front of the NWS in Gray??? I'm guessing she was at Pineland Farms shopping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus said:

I was observing the same thing here a few weeks back. This winter has stunk further east of you on rt. 2 but it has strangely had snow coverage, albeit very thin.

In other weird occurrences, my wife is in Portland this weekend visiting friends. I woke up this morning to find a social media post of her watching the sunset last night in front of the NWS in Gray??? I'm guessing she was at Pineland Farms shopping. 

Was she stalking Eck and Legro?

52 minutes ago, Angus said:

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Was she stalking Eck and Legro?

I was just going to say the same thing lol. 

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

I will wait for reviews

The project team has begun turning their prototype into the final product. Their ability to ship the products may be affected by product development or financial challenges

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I will wait for reviews

The project team has begun turning their prototype into the final product. Their ability to ship the products may be affected by product development or financial challenges

I saw on Facebook that they have to put that wording in on indiegogo. Its like some sort of required legal wording. Midea is the largest refrigeration company in the world. I doubt if you ordered one you wouldnt receive it. It looks like they may hit a million in backing soon. Their original goal was 200k.

56 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I saw on Facebook that they have to put that wording in on indiegogo. Its like some sort of required legal wording. Midea is the largest refrigeration company in the world. I doubt if you ordered one you wouldnt receive it. It looks like they may hit a million in backing soon. Their original goal was 200k.

Why the fund raising?

5 hours ago, amarshall said:

Driving back from sugarloaf for the little ones hockey game. Deep winter in carrabasset Valley. Snow pack ends about gray Maine. Portland a few traces. Saco area all gone

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not if I only take pictures of my backyard.