Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I know most are hesitant on sharing this type of stuff but I don't care, always worth a shot. 

Was laid off this AM. Have experience in a variety of areas. Most recently a project manager last few years. 

If anyone has anything in mind in Boston or South shore please shoot me a message. I can forward resume. Thanks guys. 

I don't know you at all, sorry to hear. With that said job market is still very strong! You will bounce back.....

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

There are a few of these areas all over. I know of one not far from State College PA. They call it the barrens.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0477(1980)061<1368%3ATBCPYR>2.0.CO%3B2

I love weenie spots like that.  I always seem to seek places like that out, not just temperature but snowfall wise as well.  Even as a kid I put a thermometer down the hill from our house in the woods when I learned that cold air sank...lol

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I know most are hesitant on sharing this type of stuff but I don't care, always worth a shot. 

Was laid off this AM. Have experience in a variety of areas. Most recently a project manager last few years. 

If anyone has anything in mind in Boston or South shore please shoot me a message. I can forward resume. Thanks guys. 

Hang in there and keep in touch with your contacts.  Use the opportunity to assess your current path and see if there's a different route you want to take.

There are a few of these areas all over. I know of one not far from State College PA. They call it the barrens.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0477(1980)061<1368%3ATBCPYR>2.0.CO%3B2

Makes me think of the Jersey pine barrens.  The blueberry fields there might have a shorter frost-free season than PWM, probably 2 months shorter than ACY or PHL

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is a spot in southern RI called Wood River surrounding by pines at the bottom of hills in sandy soil.  It has the lowest recorded temperature in RI and its barely 7 miles from the coast. I lived a half mile from there and you could literally feel the cold as you walked down. 

I actually was told of this too. Back when I went into the NWS for a semi intern in HS. 

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Since you dabbled in real estate, might want to take a peak at that. 

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is a spot in southern RI called Wood River surrounding by pines at the bottom of hills in sandy soil.  It has the lowest recorded temperature in RI and its barely 7 miles from the coast. I lived a half mile from there and you could literally feel the cold as you walked down. 

Probably haunted :hurrbear: (that's the closest emoji I could find to a ghost) 

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Best of luck Jay  , you will be ok. Use your network extensively 

4 hours ago, 512high said:

I don't know you at all, sorry to hear. With that said job market is still very strong! You will bounce back.....

3 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Hang in there and keep in touch with your contacts.  Use the opportunity to assess your current path and see if there's a different route you want to take.

Since you dabbled in real estate, might want to take a peak at that. 

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I'm working that network now as we speak. 

Scott- not sure real estate is what I want permanently. We've discussed a little one on one about that. There's a lot of scum baggery involved in it. I feel like I'm destined to do something a little more meaningful. Or so I hope. 

56 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I'm working that network now as we speak. 

Scott- not sure real estate is what I want permanently. We've discussed a little one on one about that. There's a lot of scum baggery involved in it. I feel like I'm destined to do something a little more meaningful. Or so I hope. 

Good luck man! Keep your head up 

Those of you in Massachusetts heating with oil or propane should look into Mass Saves insane $1600 per ton incentive mini split/heatpump fuel optimization program. They are basically paying for almost half the cost or more of installing a heat pump to offset fossil fuels. Massachusetts is currently ranked 1st in nation for their various alternative energy incentives. 

Generous Fuel Optimization rebates are being offered to encourage the reduction of high CO2 heating fuels. Candidates must heat primarily with oil or propane, and install a qualifying central heat pump or mini-split heat pump with an approved integrated control.

https://www.masssave.com/saving/residential-rebates/electric-heating-and-cooling

18 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Look at those ranges on those record dates. Nearly 60 degrees!!! I guess it wasn't really an arctic airmass given the highs above freezing both days.

What would have caused the temp to be so low those nights? Radiational cooling?

Sounds like yore fantasy.