Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya that's far SW Maine and they're ok.  I go about 4 plus hours NE of that. 

Its Western Maine but your close...lol, Must be a 6-8 hr ride from CT for you to get to the county? I never have to travel more then 2 hrs to ride and if things are right in a good winter, I ride right out the door here to any where in this state.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its Western Maine but your close...lol, Must be a 6-8 hr ride from CT for you to get to the county? I never have to travel more then 2 hrs to ride and if things are right in a good winter, I ride right out the door here to any where in this state

He's maybe 450 from where I-95 enters Aroostook at Sherman, and there's good trails nearby in the greater Patten area.  Ashland/PQI are 60-80 miles beyond.

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

If you hate winter so much, why participate in these threads?

I like winter, especially this one. With all the bickering and whining, seems like most everyone else doesn't like winter. Not sure why people spend days weeks months looking forward to it, hyping it even,  just to cry about it for three months when it occurs

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I like winter, especially this one. With all the bickering and whining, seems like most everyone else doesn't like winter. Not sure why people spend days weeks months looking forward to it, hyping it even,  just to cry about it for three months when it occurs

I don't even know where to begin:rolleyes:

330 to Millinocket from here and just over 6 hours. It’s a bitch going East/West in NNE. I generally ride from home. Can even do that now, though it’s a bit scratchy until you get a little higher up in elevation. Early and late season I can trailer to a great parking lot 20 minutes away and for the very end or earliest start about an hour and a half up to the NEK. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Well you see, most of us like snow bur are below average in that department. So we are disappointed. Not too hard to understand.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fz583 said:

Just drove from Caribou to Hopkinton Ma, 440 miles, 6H22M, 75-85mph the whole way, may be a new record for me, I’ve done the trip at least 80 times. Rare to get sunny  and dry road conditions the whole way. 

Hope you weren't driving that speed as you went thru PQI/Mars Hill/Bridgewater/etc.  :lol:   From HUL south it's pedal to the metal.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

This is the biggest troll comment to date.

10/10

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Well you see, most of us like snow bur are below average in that department. So we are disappointed. Not too hard to understand.

If you are talking about CT, most areas only require one or two big snows to make an average winter. Outside of the high NW hills. It isnt like CT is a lock for winter wonderland every winter. Lol

43 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You're just a young ladd, And lol to old for cold at that age.

lol  
I like real cold, though I no longer go on the ice when it's subzero, for one reason it's a pain tending to my topwater traps.  Saturday was just about perfect, cloudy so no glare, almost no wind, only a little skimming needed.  (And some cooperative fish)

If the summer is coc and 70's all July, for ex, should people be outraged and having fits?

Would not be the least bit upset, though the cukes wouldn't like it.  Not happening, so it's idle thinking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

To each their own. I'm in no position to tell anyone else how they should or shouldn't be feeling with regards to weather or anyting else for that matter. 

right...and me wanting 50 in February is no different "trolling" than someone else wanting 70 for highs in July. And you know the ones. I think it's crazy to want 70 but trolling, probably not

anyway the pattern looks like crap so there isn't much else to discuss.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Hope you weren't driving that speed as you went thru PQI/Mars Hill/Bridgewater/etc.  :lol:   From HUL south it's pedal to the metal.

God no, when your on Rt.1 you better be paying close attention to the speed limits, but yes once on 95 you can boogie, I keep my sled in the bed of my truck, no trailer and I have air bags so I don't even know its in there, and my good time was also the result of only one quick bathroom stop and fuel top off.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

The last of the snow from the SWFE 2 weeks ago finally melted from the “house” part of my roof.  Still a little on our screen porch roof.  
stuff in the yard is looking worse each day. I expect bare earth soon.  

what fun!!!

i maintained a small glacial pile from 12/1 here but yeah, ugly stuff

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

If you are talking about CT, most areas only require one or two big snows to make an average winter. Outside of the high NW hills. It isnt like CT is a lock for winter wonderland every winter. Lol

I have averaged 62 inches since 2000, you don't know anything about CT

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

right...and me wanting 50 in February is no different "trolling" than someone else wanting 70 for highs in July. And you know the ones. I think it's crazy to want 70 but trolling, probably not

anyway the pattern looks like crap so there isn't much else to discuss.

Yeah but you're trolling ️ ☺️ doesn't bother me but just saying...

• Confused 1