Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Payback gonna be a bitch. You know its coming 

Yeah...probably. I'm actually at peace with it. We're kind of escaping the worst of the possible cold (not totally out of the woods yet), so even if we pile on another 3-5ft of snow the rest of the way I'm down with it. The chooks are starting to feel that sun angle...lots of sun bathing today and they're starting to check out the boxes for the first time since Oct/Nov. The worst thing is when we get a ton of rain, I get water flowing into the run, and then we rapidly ice up and turn into AK for a few days. This weekend was an A+ way to get rain...drop it overnight and then follow it up with 40s and sun. Everything soaked in and it can dry out a bit before evening.

But whatever the weather throws at us, we deal with it. It seems like there's always a challenge with them. It's like I fix 2 problems and a new one arises...but I guess we're getting there.

Next on the agenda is growing some hops this year and putting the tines up on the west side of the run. They should be fertilized well adjacent to the run and they'll get lots of sun. Come lawn thread time I'll start asking the beer snobs for hops choices.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I will say it was nice to have the +RA to wash some of the salt off. I may hose off underneath since there's nothing wintry for awhile.

A week till the blizzard, so nothing better than clean shined up cars to cruise around in. I got my company car yesterday . Trip tomorrow and Tuesday to Maine to visit customers