• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

Still going looks like a full blizzard.  Drifting in my backyard.  Did not expect this.  Started with a short squall then clearing sky but could see dark clouds to NW.  then started and got heavier and heavier like in my pic, then to light- moderate.  At one point viz was maybe 1/16.  Now light to mod with wind

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That looked brief too unless radar beam too high and missed some of that. 

Probably 40-45 mins of the heavies. Probably some drift under the beam like you said too...idk

It’s blowing everywhere, but the sample off the board is 2.5” and I had 0.10” of liquid in it. That first 2” was weird...like mashed potato fluff. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This was part 2 before the wind ramped up...not as impressive as 1 intensity and growth wise, but it was still pounding.

As someone who gets annoyed when storm chasers pollute their footage with lots of high-pitched hollering and appeals to deities, I appreciate your letting the image do the talking. Also, wow. I believe this qualifies as "puking" snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

This was part 2 before the wind ramped up...not as impressive as 1 intensity and growth wise, but it was still pounding.

Holy crap that's awesome. Snow wasn't as intense here but the wind absolutely ripped as the squall passed through Hampton, NH. It was quite the impressive 20-30 minutes.