Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Wonder if anyone has numbers that would support how many years places in SNE go wall to wall with a snowpack in early December? I know in this locale up here its not often so one would think it would be even more infrequent down there, Especially when we have been seeing these grinch storms in many years.

Only 4 of 21 Decembers with wire-to-wire, with another 6 having 26-30 days with 1"+.  Average duration is 21 days and median 24.

Years with 130"+ consecutive.  * means 31 in Dec.
18-19*    162 days
13-14*    142
14-15*    142
07-08      140
02-03*    137
16-17      136
17-18      132
Other end of the spectrum - years with <100 cons days
11-12      73
15-16      80
99-00      84   (zero in Dec)
05-06      95

We're down to patches and the typical piles/snow banks....woods are holing a little more than just patches....we had been holding onto majority cover still this morning (prob like 75% when I got up) but the rest of today wiped out that out. Really hard to handle 30+ hours of 45+ dewpoints....you need that CAD where you rot in the mid/upper 30s for an extra 6-12 hours.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We're down to patches and the typical piles/snow banks....woods are holing a little more than just patches....we had been holding onto majority cover still this morning (prob like 75% when I got up) but the rest of today wiped out that out. Really hard to handle 30+ hours of 45+ dewpoints....you need that CAD where you rot in the mid/upper 30s for an extra 6-12 hours.

I had 3" this morning and I'm hoping we get something tonight to have something measurable in the morning.