Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

8 minutes ago, alex said:

Holding on here but took a good beating. The temperature profile is wild though. Driving around you go from 38 in Bretton Woods to 51 in Whitefield. And this is the overnight profile. Probably related to the wind?

D32B4A15-97AE-4E1E-9A22-A5CEC0531AA2.jpeg

Yup. Mixing vs the cold building back in during light flow

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

She gone, Just patches and piles left.

Only 1/2" RA so far, thus still 4" of high-LE stuff at the stake this morning, likely down to 2-3" by evening depending on when the CAA gets working.  Might disappear with the end of week event, probably only the 2nd time I've would've seen a pack with 2"+ LE disappear during met winter, the 1st being Jan. 1995 in Gardiner when 36 hours of 50+ temps/dews augmented by 1/2" RA ate a 14" pack.

9 minutes ago, klw said:

Looks upper jet related...right exit region. Some kind of velocity shear going on? Probably not the best flight through there, but Scoot would know better. 

5 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

This valley location usually sucks for snowfall, but the cold yesterday kept some snowcover. I think it will make it through the thaw.

IMG_20191210_16569.jpg

You'll probably have more than I or Kevin will.  It's the one thing I don't like about my location.  Warm air always moves in pretty quickly.  There's nothing south of me to stop it or hills around me high enough to create a bowl effect.  The woods looked pretty solid this morning and I think they will hold out.

42 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

You'll probably have more than I or Kevin will.  It's the one thing I don't like about my location.  Warm air always moves in pretty quickly.  There's nothing south of me to stop it or hills around me high enough to create a bowl effect.  The woods looked pretty solid this morning and I think they will hold out.

When I lived in Coventry, a solid snowpack would start it's journey to the Connecticut River, once Southerly winds and rain set in.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm just kidding with you. Although hell of a rain event Saturday. 

Wonder if anyone has numbers that would support how many years places in SNE go wall to wall with a snowpack in early December? I know in this locale up here its not often so one would think it would be even more infrequent down there, Especially when we have been seeing these grinch storms in many years.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Wonder if anyone has numbers that would support how many years places in SNE go wall to wall with a snowpack in early December? I know in this locale up here its not often so one would think it would be even more infrequent down there, Especially when we have been seeing these grinch storms in many years.

1C03EAA5-CB5E-46B0-B03D-3981C9F16511.jpeg

E875C63C-FFAA-4811-A5E5-8488FFDAD020.jpeg

07BB4E11-11C7-4E5C-BF01-B4D05B8562A2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It almost never happens outside of maybe the Berkshires at high elevation. The few years can think where pre-Dec 10th snowpack went all the way are maybe 2002, 1995, 1970, and 1960. Most of these were relegated to the interior too, as the CP got wiped out at some point those winters....exception might be 1970-1971.

I think 1981-1982 also came close but didn't quite do it. 2013-2014 may have done it as well for N ORH county...they survived the Grinch storm and then also still had snowpack after the epic cutter in Jan 2014.