Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

42.5F  Light rain

Temperatures are running from the mid 30's to 50F within 1 mile of my house.   Mid 30's at low elevations around Newfound Lake at 580 feet.  I'm 600 feet higher and in the low 40's.  Friends weather station at around 1400 feet is 50F.   

Snow is down to 2" at the stake

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

East slope FTW. I remember when peeps used to doubt Pete

Yeah, microclimates are not to be denied.  My neighborhood is like a refrigerator in these systems. Probably has to do with being an elevated river valley (Green River) within the bigger Ct Valley/E Slope topography?   We will wash out with warm air by tomorrow morning but the snow damage will have been limited by today’s cold. 

I just walked the dog and it is still cold and wet out with wall to wall 6-8” cover and snow covered rooftops.  

37F 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, microclimates are not to be denied.  My neighborhood is like a refrigerator in these systems. Probably has to do with being an elevated river valley (Green River) within the bigger Ct Valley/E Slope topography?   We will wash out with warm air by tomorrow morning but the snow damage will have been limited by today’s cold. 

I just walked the dog and it is still cold and wet out with wall to wall 6-8” cover and snow covered rooftops.  

37F 

Just posted the Charlemont graph. Little damage to Berkshire East today. Tomorrow different story 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

37F

Yesterday while I was at work in Springfield, I could see that house was pushing 50° while it was in the upper 30s there.  When I left at 4:30 it was still around 40° downtown but just coming up the hill on Route 5 into Longmeadow was enough to bump it up into the mid 40s.  Cold likes to pool...

Looks like I have 3-4" of solid cover still.  Let's see what makes it out of today and if we can add to what's left.  This is why I was OK with the hours of sleet while others had snow last week - a little extra staying power.  It might not be enough, but it's better than nothing.

31 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yesterday while I was at work in Springfield, I could see that house was pushing 50° while it was in the upper 30s there.  When I left at 4:30 it was still around 40° downtown but just coming up the hill on Route 5 into Longmeadow was enough to bump it up into the mid 40s.  Cold likes to pool...

Looks like I have 3-4" of solid cover still.  Let's see what makes it out of today and if we can add to what's left.  This is why I was OK with the hours of sleet while others had snow last week - a little extra staying power.  It might not be enough, but it's better than nothing.

It was below 40F here yesterday until 4pm. Overnight has been around 48F.

Mid/upper 40s most of the night. It feels amazing out. The dews are invigorating. Get out and enjoy it folks. Hopefully everyone gets to see some green later today. Still pack at home, but it's getting eaten away from around the trees.

Have some breaks to the E too. Would be nice to pop some morning sun with the warm airmass in place. 0.76" of rain.