Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow. 53F at the STEM and mid 30s for HFD/BDL and even IJD. Hills FTL.

Stuck at 34.8/33  with moderate rain.   No snow fog here yet.  I wish I could mix out and warmup.  Mid 30's with rain is the worst.  Not expecting to hit 40F till some time overnight

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

You should try your luck at black powder, At least that buys you the first two weeks of Dec to put meat in the freezer.

Have not fired the .45 Hawken reproduction in several years, though I ought to burn some powder next fall.  However, we've been putting the house back in order from the rearrangements needed to host daughter/husband/7 grandkids over Thanksgiving in a small house with one bathroom.  Might still be worth a look at how the deer travel before reaching our lawn, for some future ambush.  :)

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Have not fired the .45 Hawken reproduction in several years, though I ought to burn some powder next fall.  However, we've been putting the house back in order from the rearrangements needed to host daughter/husband/7 grandkids over Thanksgiving in a small house with one bathroom.  Might still be worth a look at how the deer travel before reaching our lawn, for some future ambush.  :)

Sounds like this would be a good time to take one under the apple tree............;)

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm looking forward to the May 1st thread.

I usually wait until winter is really sucking. then once i fire it up winters comes with a vengeance. 

Just remember though it's a copyrighted thread so if anyone else were to ever start it without my consent it must be deleted. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Rain/fog 39F.

Full snowcover here:

IMG_20191209_39522.jpg

Damn thats a lot of snow, we lost coverage on day 1!

Some small piles left at the Stop & Shop. I took my sled to the very top of the 5 foot brown pile and sledded up and down for hours. People kept staring at me and i couldn't figure out why.