• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

Just got back from spending a night in Keene NH,  great town but what a snow hole,  they literally have half as much snow as anywhere between there and Greenfield.

Phenomenal new brewery there though, called ModestMan.  Just opened two weeks ago and all of their offerings were spectacular! This is coming from somebody who works in a brewery and is picky as hell about beer.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just got back from spending a night in Keene NH,  great town but what a snow hole,  they literally have half as much snow as anywhere between there and Greenfield.

Phenomenal new brewery there though, called ModestMan.  Just opened two weeks ago and all of their offerings were spectacular! This is coming from somebody who works in a brewery and is picky as hell about beer.

Beer > snow?

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

So Keene has 3 breweries now?  Elm City isn’t that great but nice that others have opened

5 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Up here it was a mostly sunny day today however every Cu seemed to be able to produce snow flurries which were in the air to varying extents all day.   Wonder how much of our snow cover will make it through early next week?  

good.jpg

heh...I had a few of these "sunny" SHSN in the afternoon too. It'll be interesting to see how much we dam. The models seem to be getting the 50F dews in here rather easily.

Looks like the snow machine has finally shut down.  Only a few flurries falling when I left the mountain a little while ago.

I was up at the shop when the groomers headed out around 5pm and it was dumping cotton candy... what a wintry few days. 

Last 24 hours with two clearings yielded 8" of new snow (5" last night and 3" today).  The beta-testing snow board did pretty decent but even the slightest breeze does skim snow off it.  We need to put plywood around the fence to keep the wind out and this thing may work ok.

You can tell by the snow though that this was just a fluff bomb.

Dec_7.jpg.c0588dcb4000d0d4809212f7cc2d545c.jpg

• Like 2

Had a very New Englandy evening. Went and bought my wife some new boots for Christmas and then went to the quintessential New England town of Hanover, NH for a Cornell/Dartmouth hockey game. Walking through the town to the rink with fresh snow and cold temps felt old timey New England holiday to me. Oh and for Will and OceanSt. who I believe are both Cornell alums, Dartmouth took down the #2 in the nation Cornell Big Red 2-1. 

• Like 1