• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2019/2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

My 2-day event total, with the heaviest rain between 11 pm last night and 2 am this morning, was 0.57" (0.25" Wed. + 0.32" today).   Appears my high for today was at midnight and was 46.  Currently 40 and windy as heck with lots of cumulus and stratocumulus.  Was able to capture when a thin convective line came through just before 2 am (was out like a light so don't know if there was any lightning/thunder with it)...

radar-02272020.png

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My 2-day event total, with the heaviest rain between 11 pm last night and 2 am this morning, was 0.57" (0.25" Wed. + 0.32" today).   Appears my high for today was at midnight and was 46.  Currently 40 and windy as heck with lots of cumulus and stratocumulus.  Was able to capture when a thin convective line came through just before 2 am (was out like a light so don't know if there was any lightning/thunder with it)...

radar-02272020.png

The heavy (loud) rain woke me up...lol! I thought I saw a flash of lightning, but never heard thunder, so maybe I only imagined it in my half awake state.

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

The heavy (loud) rain woke me up...lol! I thought I saw a flash of lightning, but never heard thunder, so maybe I only imagined it in my half awake state.

I have an air purifier running in my bedroom (that also serves for "white noise") so it takes some significant lightning flashes and thunder to wake me from a deep sleep (although it has happened before)! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Meh....why not? I mean, if we get our seasonal total from one fluke March storm that's a win right? Lol

gfs_asnow_neus_49.png

Because it's not in the cards this year.

Enjoy today because between the temps and the somewhat gusty winds (and perhaps flurries) it will be the closest thing to winter till next year. Sad but more than likely true... 

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

As if things aren't bad enough for hardcore winter fans they shortened winter this year, the first day of spring is March 19th. 

Yeah I didn't believe it until I read the explanation. Not only that but every four years from hence it gets an additional day earlier lol.

Look on the bright side, we got an extra day of meteorological winter this year. 

• Sad 1