Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2019/2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

31 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

A pretty good amount of precipitation just off to our west which should be moving into the (NYC) metro area over the next hour or two. It looks to be making pretty slow eastward movement so we should get a decent amount of rain today. 

Current temp 40

If it hits like here, it is pretty good. It's probably been raining for about 2-3 hours, and already I have .36" in the gauge.

2.25" of rain so far here in East Nantmeal Township - this is the highest daily rainfall since way back on August 13, 2018 when 4.17" fell. It is also the 1st time with 2" or greater precipitation in a day since August 31, 2018. However, we did not set a daily precip record for the day that was set on the last day of the 1909 blizzard that left the county blanketed under 29.0" of snow with 2.54" of w.e. on this day the 25th in 1909.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

A January observation - the lawn is quickly turning green and there is actual growth now.

I did a full tuneup on my mower today. Pretty much ensures a late winter dragging into mid april now. Funny how when I tuned up the snowblower in mid Dec things fell to pieces with the pattern. Unreal.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I did a full tuneup on my mower today. Pretty much ensures a late winter dragging into mid april now. Funny how when I tuned up the snowblower in mid Dec things fell to pieces with the pattern. Unreal.

Thanks! Next winter try to hold off on the snowblower tuneup? Thanks again, lol.

• Like 1