Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2019/2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

29 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Focusing medium range. Clipper-type disturbance at 138-144. Not sure if it will keep showing up or even stay together in the fast NS flow but basically all we have in the medium range.20200115_080450.thumb.png.498ba12431bb756a4c1731c23734ae79.png

At this point we will take it, even if it isn't our best look. Hopefully that one doesn't upset the apple cart on the 276 hr Big Dog. 

2 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

At this point we will take it, even if it isn't our best look. Hopefully that one doesn't upset the apple cart on the 276 hr Big Dog. 

I'm guilty of looking ahead at times but in this pattern with a fast NS with transient HL ridging we will benefit from focusing on 240 and under (180 and under better) and taking one wave / system at a time. Surprises tend to pop up with these looks next 5 day to a week.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm guilty of looking ahead at times but in this pattern with a fast NS with transient HL ridging we will benefit from focusing on 240 and under (180 and under better) and taking one wave / system at a time. Surprises tend to pop up with these looks next 5 day to a week.

in truth, aren't we all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I have some potential now of following up my worst winter with one that is worse, a difficult feat but quantifiable now

I think collectively we can do this if we will it to happen. Next year our goal will be 0" then 21-22 the sky is the limit. Seriously tho we need a strong old fashioned raging Nino to reshuffle the deck.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

I think collectively we can do this if we will it to happen. Next year our goal will be 0" then 21-22 the sky is the limit. Seriously tho we need a strong old fashioned raging Nino to reshuffle the deck.

We all need better locations now for snow, or a better planet. Dialing Elon to see if the warp drive program is advancing.

Dont need no stinking computer generated map to tell me this is some serious HP settling in. It is cold, breeze out of the N, and the sky has that classic deep blue look to it with nary a cloud in sight.  Radiational cooling tonight and the stage is set for tomorrow. Doubt it will be the last frozen of the season but certainly the biggest so far. Savor it like we wont see it again until next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Dont need no stinking computer generated map to tell me this is some serious HP settling in. It is cold, breeze out of the N, and the sky has that classic deep blue look to it with nary a cloud in sight.  Radiational cooling tonight and the stage is set for tomorrow. Doubt it will be the last frozen of the season but certainly the biggest so far. Savor it like we wont see it again until next season.

It would be a blue bird day out on the slopes .... IF WE HAD SOME SNOW!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Cherish it. These 1-2" should feel like 1-2ft. Could be the last snow of winter.

Dont forget about March.  

I'm off Sunday so I am planning to head up to either blue mtn or elk.  It almost seems like elk is missing some of the QPF to the south on models, but they will stay much colder than blue so ratios will likely be better.

Also planning a NE trip next weekend.  Looks like there will be something over the weekend,  hopefully it comes together throughout the week.  Playing it by ear but will likely end up in NH and VT.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, KamuSnow said:

Made me think of "the double dutch bus", lol.

That song was a riot and done by a local Philly singer too. :lol:

8 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Dont forget about March. 

Philly area has become the "new Colorado" with "spring snow".

My "high" yesterday was at midnight and was 33... and after that it dropped and never rose above 30 the rest of the day, with the "low" of 21 happening at midnight on the other end of the day.  It bottomed out this morning (so far) at 21 (closer to 20 @ 20.5, than to 21), but has nudged up a bit to 22 and overcast.  The dp of 7 at the moment, is truly arctic.