Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2019/2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Better signs moving forward across ALL ens means even if progressing in somewhat differing ways. Looks like a transitional period upcoming centered around Jan 17. I could see the last 10 days or so of the month getting very active, cold, and wintry in this region.

Yeah there are encouraging signs across the ensembles, however there is still a lot of variability between members so I wouldn't be surprised if the pattern change gets pushed back(especially if we don't get a -NAO to beat back the SE ridge). Still at least we have the 18-20th time period to watch based on the Wiggum Rule ™ alone..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Yeah there are encouraging signs across the ensembles, however there is still a lot of variability between members so I wouldn't be surprised if the pattern change gets pushed back(especially if we don't get a -NAO to beat back the SE ridge). Still at least we have the 18-20th time period to watch based on the Wiggum Rule ™ alone..

I could certainly see the workable pattern being pushed back in real time. Most changes happen slower than forecast in the LR so we shall see. I mentioned either here or in the MA sub about a week ago that some of the ens looks and weeklies later in the month have more of an icy look than a white snowy one irt the SE ridge still being present and a piece of the PV still evident in E and SE Canada. Of course synoptic detail are irrelevant at this range but the 'looks' are evident on many of the LR stuff. Hoping to avoid a JF 94 redux for any length of time. 

10 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

This squall coming through is really ripping. Dumping 1/4-1/2" balls of snow and the roads instantly caved.  

20200108_123120-3024x1470.jpg

Looks like a blob of one is headed my way.  Will see what happens when it hits these hills.  Sun is obscured again. Only thing is the temp is @38 so not sure how it will manifest.

ETA - am getting flakes this time!

radar12-01082020.png

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like a blob of one is headed my way.  Will see what happens when it hits these hills.  Sun is obscured again. Only thing is the temp is @38 so not sure how it will manifest.

ETA - am getting flakes this time!

radar12-01082020.png

Yeah I was dead center under that pink blob in this radar image.  It started with those dense balls of snow, it sounded like it was pouring outside on the roof, but then switched to heavy fine snow with some wind gusts and then slowly tapered off.  It's now fully sunny here 20 minutes later.  

wow some area's may make a run at 70F this weekend particularly sunday if the Euro/CMC are correct. Especially SNJ/DE but even up towards philly and the immediate burbs. Looks like those places are forecasted to be in the 67-68F range already. Pretty impressive considering there will be cloud cover.

• Like 2