• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tennessee Valley Upslope Snow Event of December 2nd-3rd 2019.

BlunderStorm

Per Carver's suggestion I figured it wouldn't hurt to spark a little thread seeing as how It's looking to be an interesting Monday for communities in the higher elevations. Here's to a wonderful start to the meteorological winter season! As of Midnight I can currently record a trace with temps currently sitting at 37. Now for John's sake let's hope I didn't curse us... :rolleyes:

MRX Dec 2nd 2019 Snow Forecast.png

We actually have a pretty good snow shower going through now. These types of systems always seem to perform well in my area. I know the system in early November showed no snow on the radar within a couple hundred miles of us after the system had passed, but it ended up snowing all day. This system doesn't seem to be picking up on the radar currently either but is snowing pretty heavily

79856323_2754554307936042_3555775107639017472_n.thumb.jpg.3493d75f3cd84ea9e452422619bca48a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We actually have a pretty good snow shower going through now. These types of systems always seem to perform well in my area. I know the system in early November showed no snow on the radar within a couple hundred miles of us after the system had passed, but it ended up snowing all day. This system doesn't seem to be picking up on the radar currently either but is snowing pretty heavily
79856323_2754554307936042_3555775107639017472_n.thumb.jpg.3493d75f3cd84ea9e452422619bca48a.jpg

Where are you at? Beautiful picture

• Like 1

Today, I have been driving around between Morristown and Jefferson City and have hit several nice snow showers/graupel squalls off and on all day. I thought when the sun briefly came out around 10-11 this morning, that it might clear out and be over. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see it cloud back up and the snow showers come back. One of the heaviest I saw was just a few minutes ago in Jefferson City. I imagine this energy will head east to the mtns and continue to add up through this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

That’s a nice spot to live

For sure! I like living here. I'd say snow wise, 99% of the time we get noticeably more snow than Crossville (especially in these type of clipper systems. They can get more than us in east coast systems that have sharp cut offs though), and probably a little less snow or the same as Monterey does generally.

The crazy thing to me is how significant the snow line usually is between Monterey and Cookeville ~10 miles away from each other. Cookeville and other non-Plateau school children in Putnam County benefit a lot from being in the same school district as Monterey in the winter :P.

• Like 3

I'd say for the most part the winter event was a bust but I can't complain. ^_^ It was hard to really get a definitive total yesterday due to the melting mid-day and re-accumulation in the evening following. To approximate from what measurements I took in the morning, when I got home, and at midnight roughly speaking it would seem I had half an inch in the morning dwindling to something around 0.2" in the afternoon. Following that by midnight it had once again reached half an inch. So, 0.8"? and maybe an additional tenth of an inch from today. Altogether a little under an inch fell, though had the ground been colder it likely would have accumulated notably more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1